Linden Vey

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Guy is tearing up the WHL. I was surprised he was an early cut from the Canadian Junior camp and appears to be taking it out on the WHL. Leads the league in scoring, 1st in assists, 4th in goals, 7th in plus/minus. He is only about 15th in PP points, so most of his damage is even strength.

I think this guy is going to surprise in the NHL.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He won't ever be a top 6 player, but he has enough depth to his game to be a legit 3rd liner at the next level. Fun player to watch too.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Guy is tearing up the WHL. I was surprised he was an early cut from the Canadian Junior camp and appears to be taking it out on the WHL. Leads the league in scoring, 1st in assists, 4th in goals, 7th in plus/minus. He is only about 15th in PP points, so most of his damage is even strength.
I think this guy is going to surprise in the NHL.
Indeed striking, just like he has almost 30 points more than the next player on the roster.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Just like Tyler Toffoli gets cut and now he is tearing up the O, these guys could have probably helped out Canada, but we'll never know

Tiger Trauma

Sep 5, 2006
Medicine Hat
old.reddit.com
It is a treat to watch Linden Vey perform on the ice. I agree with Wild GM.

He has a touch of Pavel Datsyuk in his game. He is not physical but strips opponents of the puck left right and center. He posses an incredibly smart hockey sense, excellent body positioning in protecting pucks, a very hard shot accurate shot, and his stamina is very high. He can also thread 6 feet passes through defensman for offensive opportunities.

To see him digg the puck out from the corner with a defenceman on his back, then stick-handling past a second defender in the middle of the ice and then passing the puck over to an open man is a common shift for Vey. He is not super flashy but his skill comes from hard work and smarts.

I would project him as a 2nd line center. He has defensive skills that would be suited for a 3rd line center-man, however I think his offensive skills are good enough to eventually move up to the 2nd line.

Hawktopus

Sep 12, 2010
I definitely would want to see the Ducks make a play and try to trade for him from the Kings and bring the tandem of Etem and Vey to the AHL/NHL; I'm pretty sure they could do some damage ;)

Ogopogo*

I saw Vey play for the first time on Saturday night.

He quarterbacks the Tigers powerplay and plays the entire 2 minutes. Neither of his assists were of the spectacular variety, routine passes from the point to a guy that blasted it in. His goal was a blast from about 45 feet away into the top corner - good shot.

He played well but appear to be dominant or a real standout. This is only one game and I did see flashes of offensive talent; I suspect people in Medicine Hat could tell you more.

The one game I have seen, he looked pretty good but I would have to see more to really understand how good he is.

P.S. Etem was pretty invisible and I didn't see anything spectacular out of Pitlick. It is only one game so, I would assume they were both having a sub-par night.

Nisku

Aug 5, 2010
Kid is a stud

Watch him live over the weekend and the kid does it all, has a bright future!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad