OT: Linda Cohn Of ESPN on Blueshirt Underground Radio Tonight 8 PM EST

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
What did she think of your awesome nickname for McIlrath? Personally, I think it's wildly creative and extremely unique; not to mention 100% accurate.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I think ESPN's Linda Cohn wholeheartedly enjoyed my analysis and comedic touch as we shared a certain chemistry right off the bat. If you listen to the broadcast, I think we were both in agreement on Dylan's talent evaluation and situation.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to to discuss such topics as Dylan's "Ovechkin Like one timers" & "His Chara like slapshot" or that "he should be logging 20 minutes a game in the regular season."

That's why posters like yourself are invaluable to the ranger community here on HF. Absolutely no time restrictions. You have all day to cheer on and post your much anticipated commentary about one of your favorite players such as Dylan.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think ESPN's Linda Cohn wholeheartedly enjoyed my analysis and comedic touch as we shared a certain chemistry right off the bat. If you listen to the broadcast, I think we were both in agreement on Dylan's talent evaluation and situation.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to to discuss such topics as Dylan's "Ovechkin Like one timers" & "His Chara like slapshot" or that "he should be logging 20 minutes a game in the regular season."

That's why posters like yourself are invaluable to the ranger community here on HF. Absolutely no time restrictions. You have all day to cheer on and post your much anticipated commentary about one of your favorite players such as Dylan.

Ya know, Mouth, you're way too easy of a target, and I feel like I'm on pretty decent standards with most of the mods on here these days, so, I'm just gonna let it slide.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Ya know, Mouth, you're way too easy of a target, and I feel like I'm on pretty decent standards with most of the mods on here these days, so, I'm just gonna let it slide.

You're a real jerk, IMO, so stuff it bronzefish. :p:

:sarcasm:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

where did all those quotes come from? Saying he has a hard shot and should be playing over Boyle/Girardi doesnt immediately equate to Ovechkin and 20 mins a night.

Most of us if not all of us want him to be seeing regular minutes with Yandle, playing about 15-17 mins a night, pking, seeing some spot duty on the PP, and just learning the pro game.

Most of us understand he has limitations such as his foot speed, his agility, and his at times god awful balance. but then again most of us can also see his upside.

with that said, i didnt actually listen to the broadcast because of a very busy work schedule..havent listened to ESPN's Linda Cohn (is that her full name now?) interview because the last time you guys had her on, and i did tune in, i pretty much disagreed with everything she said.. I honestly do wonder if she watched the same team I did at that time. its been a while though, so im sure things could have changed. In general though I dont really care for most of the rangers beat writers or announcers, and i really do feel more people on here have a true gauge for this team than they do. I think part of it is them seeing it through the eyes of having relationships with the actual players, and not seeing it through the eyes of just someone who loves the game of hockey and cares about the sweater rather than the player.

i also stopped listening to podcasts around the same time i stopped blogging myself. truth is, i just dont have the time. wish you all the luck man, but I do think some of your schtick just doesnt work for me.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

That was a great show, Eddie. Linda is fun to talk Rangers hockey with. She gets like we do.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
where did all those quotes come from? Saying he has a hard shot and should be playing over Boyle/Girardi doesnt immediately equate to Ovechkin and 20 mins a night.

Most of us if not all of us want him to be seeing regular minutes with Yandle, playing about 15-17 mins a night, pking, seeing some spot duty on the PP, and just learning the pro game.

Most of us understand he has limitations such as his foot speed, his agility, and his at times god awful balance. but then again most of us can also see his upside.

with that said, i didnt actually listen to the broadcast because of a very busy work schedule..havent listened to ESPN's Linda Cohn (is that her full name now?) interview because the last time you guys had her on, and i did tune in, i pretty much disagreed with everything she said.. I honestly do wonder if she watched the same team I did at that time. its been a while though, so im sure things could have changed. In general though I dont really care for most of the rangers beat writers or announcers, and i really do feel more people on here have a true gauge for this team than they do. I think part of it is them seeing it through the eyes of having relationships with the actual players, and not seeing it through the eyes of just someone who loves the game of hockey and cares about the sweater rather than the player.

i also stopped listening to podcasts around the same time i stopped blogging myself. truth is, i just dont have the time. wish you all the luck man, but I do think some of your schtick just doesnt work for me.

It's totally cool man, and you're right. I have been doing this for almost seven years and not everyone is gonna like me. I'm totally fine with that. There are some fans that have a greater understanding of the Rangers than some of the beat writers. But the beat writers have access to the Players, which MSG doesn't allow us to have, so they bring that to the table. As far as your assessment of Mcilrath it's spot on. I was basically responding to the person who was "targeting" me. lol.

Those quotes on Dylan came directly from this board mostly during the hotly contested Diaz/Mcilrath preseason battle for the 7th defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad