Line Combos: Liljegren should be on the team opening night because our D looks horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
...........And right on cue, we traded Kadri for Barrie.

Maybe WAIT 3 seconds before you cry & moan next time?
? It still doesn't change the fact that I started this thread on the account that our D was horrible and we needed to improve it, and we discussed throughout the thread. Your post was still dumb and childish because you clearly didn't even read the entire OP let alone the thread. Also, I still want Liljegren on the team, and I hope he makes it out of camp.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Looks better! :nod: Liljegren should still be on the team imo. Could possibly look really good beside Muzzin.

Liljegren won't be on the team this fall, and likely not later in the season either - and that is not just because of the trades today. The team simply doesn't think he is ready. Bob Mackenzie said that weeks ago. Dubas said it a week ago when asked about Zaitsev's trade request:

"The way we are looking at it, as I said in Buffalo at the combine, we are willing to try to accommodate and work with him, but we need a similar player back. We don’t have the depth on D and we don’t want to rush our prospects, so that is what has been communicated to Dan Milstein.”

The team now has a top 4 (Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Ceci) and plenty of 5 - 8 depth. They signed and traded for that depth for a reason.

Maybe the following year for Liljegren and Sandin.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Smart Leafs fans gotta think the Leafs defence isn't going to be as good as last years. And the Leafs just might not be as good as last years team. Dubas has done a good job patching things for 2019/20. But Leafs have to look long term. At least two ELC prospects will be on the team in 2020/21, along with Reilly and Dermot. The expiring contracts of Muzzin, Barrie and Ceci will give cap space to sign some NHLer next summer.
But even this team. Reilly, Muzzin, Dermot, Barrie, Ceci, Harper, Holl and Marincin....that's eight. isn't all bad.

AK1121

Mar 9, 2018
Hope we can get McQuaid on 1 year 700K-1M contract

Rielly / Barrie
Muzzin / Ceci or McQuaid
Dermott / Ceci or McQuaid
Harpur / Holl
Marincin

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I’d run this to start next year:

Rielly-Barrie
Muzzin-Ceci
Gravel-Liljegren (Heavily sheltered)

And switch the bottom pair to Dermott-Liljegren once Dermott’s healthy and unleash the reins on them a little bit as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad