Line Combos: Liljegren should be on the team opening night because our D looks horrendous

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Hampus Lindholm is the guy I want. I'd send the Ducks Kadri + Liljegren + whatever it takes... to help them restart their rebuild. Lindholm makes 5.2m for 3 more seasons and is a 6'3, 211lb stud. He can play the left or right side and he and Reilly would be a top 10 pairing in the league.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
ROFL

The important thing is to panic. Safe bet one guy converts to the right. Either Muzzin or Dermott I'm guessing, so either way Dermott is in the top 4.

Rielly-Muzzin
Dermott-Ceci
Rosen-Borgman

Odds are we add a D after Marner is sorted and we know what we have left but I doubt Timmy is on the roster this year as more than an injury replacement. Of course a good camp could change that, he had a good playoffs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
ROFL

The important thing is to panic. Safe bet one guy converts to the right. Either Muzzin or Dermott I'm guessing, so either way Dermott is in the top 4.

Rielly-Muzzin
Dermott-Ceci
Rosen-Borgman

Odds are we add a D after Marner is sorted and we know what we have left but I doubt Timmy is on the roster this year as more than an injury replacement. Of course a good camp could change that, he had a good playoffs.
Really hope Borgman isn't an option for us

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Look, one of Kadri or Nylander is moved... most likely Kadri, it's just a question of when now.

Rielly - Traded player
Muzzin - Ceci
Rosen - Dermott

A year from now Muzzin, Ceci and Dermott are due for new contracts.

Here are the scenarios.

Muzzin is extended, I have no question about that.

One of Dermott, or Ceci performs very well, and is extended. But not both. If I had to place odds on that right now, I'd suggest Dermott is the one kept, and we free up $4.5 from Ceci who is let go.

Sandin and Liljegren are on the roster come October 2020.

Rielly - Traded player
Muzzin - Dermott/Ceci
Sandin Liljegren.

The cost for this D, will be no more, or not signficantly higher than what we would have this year. Plus, we've got a ton more depth coming on the right side.... This isn't a panic situation.

We are one trade away from having a respectable D now, and once that's done, the future will look pretty good too.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Heres what our D looks like so far for opening night:

Rielly - Ceci?
Muzzin - Holl?
Rosen - Marincin?!

Injured: Dermott (until Nov/Dec)
Extra: Harpur

That is disgusting and is just not gonna fly at the NHL level, especially since our D was already a weak point the previous 2 seasons. With the Marner contract looking to be around $9+ per, there is very little room to improve that D core at all unless there are more significant trades incoming. If we run with that core we are missing the playoffs I don’t care what anybody says, which means we are gonna need some help from ELC prospects.

Top RD prospects:
Liljegren
Lindgren
Duszak
Hollowell

It looks like now is the time to put Liljegren on the team out of training camp and hope he plays at the level we hoped he could when we drafted him. 2 years in the AHL while playing significant minutes on the top pairing last season, along with a Calder cup championship his 1st season should be good enough to play in the NHL at age 20. He was a high risk/high reward pick when he fell to us so I think it’s time to find out if we are rewarded.

Is the summer over?

Are we all done making moves?

What a dumb post.

Reactions: Fogelhund

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Is the summer over?

What a dumb post.
It’s actually dumb to not understand the draft is over, which is now the KEY trade window for the “summer”. Free agency is upon us, again another big opportunity and so far we’ve come up with plugs on the backend, so that’s instructive no, or just asinine as you suggest? Nobody is saying the lineup is set in stone, but Hainsey is gone, Gardner is about to be gone, we exchanged Zaits for Ceci (wash?), resigned Marincin and signed a journeyman. Our GM is taking up Holl, Rosen is unproven and we have a couple intriguing kids. Is Dermott ready for the next big step coming off an injury?

I don’t know what’s dumb about extrapolating from today, I mean we’ve jettisoned a pile of players so things are well on their way for next year. There is nothing silly here, and saying there is more to come is only an acknowledgement that things aren’t good now.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Heres what our D looks like so far for opening night:

Rielly - Ceci?
Muzzin - Holl?
Rosen - Marincin?!

Injured: Dermott (until Nov/Dec)
Extra: Harpur

That is disgusting and is just not gonna fly at the NHL level, especially since our D was already a weak point the previous 2 seasons. With the Marner contract looking to be around $9+ per, there is very little room to improve that D core at all unless there are more significant trades incoming. If we run with that core we are missing the playoffs I don’t care what anybody says, which means we are gonna need some help from ELC prospects.

Top RD prospects:
Liljegren
Lindgren
Duszak
Hollowell

It looks like now is the time to put Liljegren on the team out of training camp and hope he plays at the level we hoped he could when we drafted him. 2 years in the AHL while playing significant minutes on the top pairing last season, along with a Calder cup championship his 1st season should be good enough to play in the NHL at age 20. He was a high risk/high reward pick when he fell to us so I think it’s time to find out if we are rewarded.

I actually think Kadri gets moved for D. He and Babcock being out coached cost us a playoff series. After the stupid co tracts that were handed out Kadri at 4.5 is the deal of the century.

TML
Kadri
CBJ 20 3rd
TMl 20 3rd
Borgman

CBJ
Wennberg
Savard

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
It’s actually dumb to not understand the draft is over, which is now the KEY trade window for the “summer”. Free agency is upon us, again another big opportunity and so far we’ve come up with plugs on the backend, so that’s instructive no, or just asinine as you suggest? Nobody is saying the lineup is set in stone, but Hainsey is gone, Gardner is about to be gone, we exchanged Zaits for Ceci (wash?), resigned Marincin and signed a journeyman. Our GM is taking up Holl, Rosen is unproven and we have a couple intriguing kids. Is Dermott ready for the next big step coming off an injury?

I don’t know what’s dumb about extrapolating from today, I mean we’ve jettisoned a pile of players so things are well on their way for next year. There is nothing silly here, and saying there is more to come is only an acknowledgement that things aren’t good now.

Is summer over?

Are we done making moves?

What a dumb post.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Is the summer over?

What a dumb post.
Literally in the OP: “unless we make significant trades”, and those possible trade options have also been discussed in this thread! Maybe read before posting sometime!

What a dumb post.

Reactions: DarkKnight

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Is summer over?

Are we done making moves?

What a dumb post.
Lol, didn’t even see this second one. Man you teenagers/young adults that have no interest in actually discussing and just try to post these 1 liner quips to farm likes are the worst. Go somewhere else, it’s pathetic.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Don't know about Liljegren on the team just yet, unless the idea is somehow that he stays. Would be great to add another "lock" to go along with Rielly, Muzzin, Ceci and hopefully Rosen. Hopefully we're also okay with options for a placeholder until Dermott is ready to return and join the others.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Literally in the OP: “unless we make significant trades”, and those possible trade options have also been discussed in this thread! Maybe read before posting sometime!

What a dumb post.

...........And right on cue, we traded Kadri for Barrie.

Maybe WAIT 3 seconds before you cry & moan next time?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

What a dumb post.
I know right! And he's playing offence, lol.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head

LOL

Makes the thread on 1pm on the first day of free agency

"Nothing silly here"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->