Confirmed with Link: Lilja signs 1-year 2-way contract

pled

Sep 7, 2009
one of the player on Bem team last year I guess some people got a good look at him while watching Bem. he's a jack of all trade master of none kinda player. Can seem him be a good third liner after some ahl time to adapt this year. only 25 nothing too old.

Blue Jackets sign Jakob Lilja

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
interesting.

at one point he led the entire SHL in points thru 36 games... 32 points.

definitely seems like a playmaker (high assist totals).. the chemistry with Bemstrom is already there (played on the same team).

i'm intrigued.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
SHL is 2nd league in europe. Games there are fast and skillfull compared to the finnish league. Ofcourse NHL is way a head anyother league. Have seen Lilja and Bem played last season couple of away games in Luleå and they have really good chemistry. Hopefully they can break their way in playing roster at Columbus. Its not possible but time will show. Next season will be interesting but still we need couple elite player before i start to scream and celebrite cause obviously we are the next Stanley Cup champions.:nod::eek:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not normally a big fan of "they played together in <other league> therefore they're ready to go in the NHL", but, hey, if our scouts happened to notice him while they were keeping track of Bemstrom, I'm willing to be optimistic. ;)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wonder what our list of players signed from overseas during the Jarmo era is. Because it seems like we get decent production out of most of them. All I remember is

Simon Hjalmarsson (who busted)
Markus Hannikainen
Dean Kukan
Jakob Lilja

but it feels like there is more

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wonder what our list of players signed from overseas during the Jarmo era is. Because it seems like we get decent production out of most of them. All I remember is

Simon Hjalmarsson (who busted)
Markus Hannikainen
Dean Kukan
Jakob Lilja

but it feels like there is more
CapFriendly makes it relatively easy to look up all NHL-level signings: Jarmo Kekalainen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Hjalmarsson was a Blues draft pick; I don't know if he was ever associated with the Jackets. And I could've sworn there were at least two more - indeed, there's at least one defenseman that I'm going absolutely mad trying to remember the guy's name but I can't find it anywhere; it was really early in his tenure. (Also, I'm not really counting Matiss Kivleneieks and Oleg Yevenko, as they were both already in North America at the time.)

EDIT: Found him! Ilari Melart Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

EDIT 2: In confirming Melart's contract info, I also was able to verify that Hjalmarsson was indeed here. I chalk up my remembering Melart but not Hjalmarsson to my well-established pro-defenseman bias. ;)

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
CapFriendly makes it relatively easy to look up all NHL-level signings: Jarmo Kekalainen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Hjalmarsson was a Blues draft pick; I don't know if he was ever associated with the Jackets. And I could've sworn there were at least two more - indeed, there's at least one defenseman that I'm going absolutely mad trying to remember the guy's name but I can't find it anywhere; it was really early in his tenure. (Also, I'm not really counting Matiss Kivleneieks and Oleg Yevenko, as they were both already in North America at the time.)

EDIT: Found him! Ilari Melart Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

EDIT 2: In confirming Melart's contract info, I also was able to verify that Hjalmarsson was indeed here. I chalk up my remembering Melart but not Hjalmarsson to my well-established pro-defenseman bias. ;)

Ah yes, Melart. The guy who absolutely destroyed Bjorkstrand in development camp. I remember it well.

Jesus, I'm getting old.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad