Likely Rookies

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
I've been seeing quite a number of posts on the Thrashers side that shows Enstrom pretty much locked-in to a starting spot. Who do you think starts over him?

Thrashers D should be
Havelid
Zhitnik
Exelby
Klee
McCarthy
Popovic

Enstrom didn't look all that hot in the prospect camp. I think he might end up spending some time in the AHL to start the season. Popovic has been a loyal soldier over the years, this is his time.

Oystrick and Enstrom will be in the mix along with Lewis. I just can't see Hartley going into the season with two rookies on the blueline. Enstrom's experience in SEL will help him there, but if he is not ready out of camp he might see a month or two(at least) in the AHL.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
o wow, i am surprised nashville let him go but then again they have no rrom for him, yah he should def play for u guys kind of like a ole tollefsen mayeb?

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Phoenix should have Mueller, Hanzal, Thomas, Carcillo, Jones, Roche, Gratton, and possibly Yandle, Bell, Kaigorodov and Lisin. I'm not sure what makes a rookie a rookie but everyone of those guys has <82 NHL GP.

It's less than 65 NHL games i believe although don't quote me on that.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
It's less than 65 NHL games i believe although don't quote me on that.

Its less than that. Spezza lost eligability after playing 33 games the year before he put up 55 pts in 78 games in what was his first "full season".

LtnCastillo

Registered Driver
Oct 13, 2006
Helsinski
Its less than that. Spezza lost eligability after playing 33 games the year before he put up 55 pts in 78 games in what was his first "full season".

I've always been under the impression that the limit goes at 25 NHL GP. I'm not sure if playoff games are included in that amount.

Lux Aurumque*

Atlanta will very likely have Brett Sterling and Tobias Enstrom as the rookies on their roster. Jordan LaVallee may also end up there.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs

Mar 29, 2007
Helsinki, FIN
Okay, heads up everyone: the rookie eligibility limit is 25 games in one season or 6+ games in two separate seasons. I'm pretty sure playoff games don't count. Also, to be considered a rookie a player can't have turned 26 before September 15th. So a guy like Sheldon Brookbank, who turns 27 on October 3rd, has already lost his eligibility, even though he has appeared in just three NHL games.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006

You are right. 65 games is the HF limit on rookies not the NHL's.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Pop quiz that relates to the fact that NHL playoffs dont count against a players NHL rookie eligability:

Who are the only two players to win the Conn Smythe Trophy, followed by a Calder Trophy the following season?

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Pop quiz that relates to the fact that NHL playoffs dont count against a players NHL rookie eligability:

Who are the only two players to win the Conn Smythe Trophy, followed by a Calder Trophy the following season?

Patrick Roy and I'm going to say another Montreal Canadien who I have no idea who it is.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
You guys nailed it.

Both Dryden and Patrick Roy won the conn smythe before winning rookie of the year the following season.

Fortius

May 23, 2007
Thrashers D should be
Havelid
Zhitnik
Exelby
Klee
McCarthy
Popovic

Enstrom didn't look all that hot in the prospect camp. I think he might end up spending some time in the AHL to start the season. Popovic has been a loyal soldier over the years, this is his time.

Oystrick and Enstrom will be in the mix along with Lewis. I just can't see Hartley going into the season with two rookies on the blueline. Enstrom's experience in SEL will help him there, but if he is not ready out of camp he might see a month or two(at least) in the AHL.

Well that wouldn't break my heart too much to see Enstrom get accustomed to things, but he certainly seems to bring some PP experience they desperately need. I don't think McCarthy has been the answer, no? Zhitnik of course is one, but need more than that.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
What about Benoit Pouliot? Any chance he'll make it this year?

not at the beginning, but he'll at least get a cup of coffee. Unless Pouliot can be effective without scoring goals, Sheppard (who looks to have a roster spot to lose) and Kalus look to be the front runners, I'll also throw Danny Irmen into the mix as well.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Maybe I just missed it earlier in the thread, but what about the Panthers? They have anyone this year? When is Frolik expected?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->