Post-Game Talk: Like Manti Te'o's girlfriend, the Oilers disappear. Lose 4-3

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I remember reading before that Jones is the best defenseman to come around in the last 15 years.

so was Erik Johnson. Seth Jones is very good and if we draft #1 overall (god forbid) we should take him. But statements are prone to be false. In all likely hood the best defensman in the last 15 years is either playing in the NHL right now or some obscure 3 round pick in the AHL or lower league right now. (or #19 for the Oilers)

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
We won't be picking first unless we win the lottery.

If you're interested in who we might get, familiarize yourself with players like Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, Nikita Zadorov, Ryan Pulock and Max Domi.

Those guys are big, physical centres and D-men that will be available from the 5-10 range.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

If you're interested in who we might get, familiarize yourself with players like Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, Nikita Zadorov, Ryan Pulock and Max Domi.

Those guys are big, physical centres and D-men that will be available from the 5-10 range.
Yup, we need big.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Nurse to, big S.O.B

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
There's lots of size and skill in this draft, TBH, if we do end up finishing with a high pick and Jones is off the board I would be inclined to trade down and not pick MacKinnon or Drouin and acquire some more assets and depth.

Of the top 3, Jones, MacKinnon and Drouin, Jones is the only one who interest me.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Seeing people talk about drafting top prospects when we are only four games into the season is a little embarrassing.

We should be talking about potential trades to improve our team. I thought we want to be competitive this year. Has everyone given up already?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
No,I'm just saying that Seth Jones at 17, is being progressed to be a better player than what Erik Johnson was being progressed at age 17.
Based on what, hype. I saw Jones play at the world junior and yes he is good. But I also saw Jack Johnson play for the americans and he was hyped up as well. Until these guys play in the show it is all mere speculation and prospecting.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Good to see we are talking about getting the first overall pick AGAIN after a loss.

Is this trend going to continue after every loss?

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Nurse to, big S.O.B

That guy is often invisible. I went to a Fronts-Greyhounds game and he was no where to be found. He was huge and nobody noticed him. Not physical, no play with the puck. Gudbranson outplayed him easily. I was surprised less than a week later he had shot up into the top ten for Craig Button. I don't like his play one bit.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Seeing people talk about drafting top prospects when we are only four games into the season is a little embarrassing.

We should be talking about potential trades to improve our team. I thought we want to be competitive this year. Has everyone given up already?

It's always the same old crowd.
I don't think we're a lottery team this year.
Rookie head coach, no real training camp, and two rookie players put into heavy roles ... there will be ups and downs but I don't think we're a lottery team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->