Liiga 2016-2017 General Talk

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
Hello, never watched a full Liiga match before. Which will be the more exciting match tonight: Karpat vs. Assat or Tappara vs. Pelicans?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

This scrap needs to be here. Nice one. Few of those to every now and then and it would just make everything slightly better.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hello guys. I'm not following Liiga this year as much as I used to, so here's my question. What the h*** happened in Jyväskylä? JYP was one of the most powerful teams in Liiga and right now the team looks awful.
Budget cut (Perrin & others left) and they've had a lot of injuries, a week or two ago they had two full forward lines out. Also Tarkki isn't having a good season.

Any JYP fans out there can correct if I'm wrong.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Leimu with the fastest hat trick by a defenseman? 44 seconds, Pentti Lindegren at YLE Puhe studio couldn't find a quicker tally from record books.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He looks pretty young. Not always all that quick, but solid decision making and apt defensive play. Some pretty good passes.
I'd say the complete opposite, then again, playing close to 30 minutes per game doesn't help his cause.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Blues will not play in Liiga next season, and the parent company is now officially bankrupt. Their junior teams will play until the end of the season, and there is some talk that they might continue next season as well, possibly under new ownership. Will be interesting to see where some of their remaining Liiga-worthy players end up.

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Blues will not play in Liiga next season, and the parent company is now officially bankrupt. Their junior teams will play until the end of the season, and there is some talk that they might continue next season as well, possibly under new ownership. Will be interesting to see where some of their remaining Liiga-worthy players end up.

Wow. Feels weird.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Been loving the playoffs so far.anyone else watching?

Many people! Writing here is sadly not very active. KalPa dropped but I feel bit refreshed by watching Liiga hockey again. It doesn't need to be the NHL.

rfroese

Jun 12, 2014

Am I correct in understanding that Jukurit will replace them? Any idea who will replace Jukurit in Mestis?

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Am I correct in understanding that Jukurit will replace them? Any idea who will replace Jukurit in Mestis?

Jukurit were going to be promoted either way, it was decided well before the problems really started to mount for Blues. I think it'll IPK Iisalmi who will be promoted to Mestis as they won the Suomi-sarja(div I) championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad