GWT: Ligue 1 GOTW R18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tough, tough, tough choice for this week's game.
Yesterday's game was amazing again (like many friday games it seems), but we could have 3 different excellent games tomorrow :
PSG-Monaco (8:45PM)
Rennes-Nice (3PM)
Lille-Lyon (1PM)

Heck, even Strasbourg OM (5PM) is exciting.

If you can't spend your whole day in front of L1, I suggest you either go the stars way (PSG/Monaco) or the up and coming young teams way (Rennes/Nice).
This is the game I'm going to pick for this thread.
Why? Because Nice is better when they're being attacked and they have to counter. And Rennes will take it to them. Second, so many exciting young players on both sides in this. And finally, Nice has been up and down but mostly down lately and they need to get a result here against the second best team in the league so far.

For Nice, Gouiri, Boudaoui, Todibo, Stengs, Bard.... For Rennes, Majer, Sulemana, Ugochukwu etc... but Doku is out injured.

My prediction :
Rennes 3-1 Nice

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice opens the score on a Dolberg penalty.
Meanwhile Metz is up 3-0 on Lorient after 20 minutes. Pape Matar Sarr scored at the 5th minute.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For Nice, Gouiri, Boudaoui, Todibo, Stengs, Bard.... For Rennes, Majer, Sulemana, Ugochukwu etc... but Doku is out injured.
Been looking into some of these guys. I want Majer at Brighton now! Need an efficient attacking mid our creative options getting up there in age.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Been looking into some of these guys. I want Majer at Brighton now! Need an efficient attacking mid our creative options getting up there in age.
With all due respect to Brighton who I like immensely, Lovro is a guy who'll play for a top Euro team in a little while.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mbappe scores his second just before half time. How many times we have seen that exact same goal from him in that position. He is so clinical in those situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad