Ligue 1 2020-2021

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a game. Incredible.
Now the title race is only Lille and PSG. And the 3rd place race is Monaco and Lyon. Each time, one point separates the teams.
Lille goes to Lens next week, their rival. Tough game.
PSG goes to Rennes, tough game too.
Monaco goes to Reims. Should win.
Lyon hosts Lorient. 3 points.

If both Lille and PSG lose and Monaco and Lyon win, then the title race is back to 4 teams. But I doubt it.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Cherki, that's what you want from your late sub.

What was all the fuss after the final whistle, other than Monaco players obviously being disappointed to lose. I only saw footage of Pelleri shouting at someone and pushing a staff (?) member. Maybe at De Sciglio who also got a red alongside Pellegri. Didn't see what Geubbels did to earn a red.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't see much either but the two teams were already hot after the other when Monaco came to Lyon and beat them in the French cup. Apparently Monaco taunted a lot so it was the other way yesterday.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bad penalty call in the first few minutes of the derby in favor of Lille against Lens.
No penalty at all
This one will get talked about...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lens dominating, but the ref comes up to Lille's rescue again with a dubious red card.
I would love to see Lille champs, but that game here is ridiculous.
League shouldn't be decided by the ref.

2-0 now. Wonder goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG would win. But at this point, if this game doesn't end up in a win, PSG is done.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A part of me wants Lille to win it.
But I'm also very aware that PSG losing everything in two weeks could hurt them (Mbappe extension, etc...).

So I'll be neutral and just appreciate the fantastic league we've had this year. Suspense there, for the CL spots, for the EL spots and even for relegation. Some teams playing some really nice football (Lens, Brest), some offensive flair, some well coached teams.
Was a great season in L1, too bad it didn't end up better in Europe.

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
@Evilo do you think Onyekuru stays with Monaco next season? I remember there was a lot of hype with him and I had forgotten he was out on loan.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG through to the cup final after beating Montpellier on penalties. Mbappe with two well finished goals, while Montpellier's strike partners Laborde and Delort both score a goal. They've been a one of the better forward partnerships for the past 3 seasons, scoring regularly.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad