Ligue 1 2019-2020

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I agree it's not the Premier League, but there are for sure easier environments than Lyon too. Screw up against Saint-Étienne and you know what scrutiny is.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The whole 'clear character issues' thing is completely overblown. People said the same thing about Sterling and now Sane. Memphis was a teenager thrust into the spotlight and given a boatload of money in a very harsh and overcritical environment.

People forget he just turned 25. He'll be fine.

Reactions: Ajacied

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The whole 'clear character issues' thing is completely overblown. People said the same thing about Sterling and now Sane. Memphis was a teenager thrust into the spotlight and given a boatload of money in a very harsh and overcritical environment.

People forget he just turned 25. He'll be fine.
Well he did claim openly that he is better than Lyon and that big clubs should be after him while playing for Lyon. If any Liverpool player did say that I would be very angry. He has confidence in him and he is incredibly skilled but he is not what I consider a high character guy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well he did claim openly that he is better than Lyon and that big clubs should be after him while playing for Lyon. If any Liverpool player did say that I would be very angry. He has confidence in him and he is incredibly skilled but he is not what I consider a high character guy.
Where did he say that?

He said he wants to play for a top team (who doesn't?), and that he wants to play for a team suited to him that plays football the right way, but that he's focused on Lyon and doing his best for them. He answered a question. He does plenty of charitable work, respects his friends and family, does a lot for community, etc. and seems to get along with most of his teammates (National and league). As he admitted he was immature when he was first thrust in the spotlight and he's learning and maturing at Lyon.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Lol, no he never said anything like that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Where did he say that?

He said he wants to play for a top team (who doesn't?), and that he wants to play for a team suited to him that plays football the right way, but that he's focused on Lyon and doing his best for them. He answered a question. He does plenty of charitable work, respects his friends and family, does a lot for community, etc. and seems to get along with most of his teammates (National and league). As he admitted he was immature when he was first thrust in the spotlight and he's learning and maturing at Lyon.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-ch...inks-but-his-talent-is-indispensable-for-lyon

He is a great player but I would not take this for my team. I know if you replaced Lyon with Liverpool and Genesio with Klopp you would have a different tune.

I mean all players have ambition and goals but you keep this for the off season and be a team player through it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Atal is amazing. Was so impressed in just a couple viewings last season that I paid a premium for him in my Dynasty free agency.

Reactions: Power Man

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The moose got loose again today. Les bleus need to start edouard dembele mbappe in their next competitive match

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Hey Evilo, you get a chance to watch Lille?

They got a 19-year old ex-Hajduk Split captain Domagoj Bradaric playing at LB, wondering how he's looking.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
An 18 year old player at Nice stole Dolberg's watch, and he was caught doing it.

They have to release this player. That could destroy the locker room.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I seriously doubt that, unless there's some sort of a wider "theft operation" going on between some of the clubs players and staff. Sounds like it was an individual youngster making a stupid decision.

Then again, not sure why you would wear a watch, worth a nice car, when you're going to a training session - and don't they have some sort of secure private safes for valuables in their lockers?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I seriously doubt that, unless there's some sort of a wider "theft operation" going on between some of the clubs players and staff. Sounds like it was an individual youngster making a stupid decision.

Then again, not sure why you would wear a watch, worth a nice car, when you're going to a training session - and don't they have some sort of secure private safes for valuables in their lockers?

How can anyone trust that guy anymore after he stole from a teammate of his? It’s one thing to have a bad apple in the team who has behavior problems, but what he did to a teammate is a huge violation of trust. That’s a line you do not cross with a colleague.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Slimani is on fire

Slimani made some great passes leading to goals in the last match. Nice quick thinking and execution by him. After Slimani took the penalty himself and didn't give the ball to pleading Ben Yedder, their realtionship didn't seem too rosy for rest of the match. You could see that during the goal celebrations, for example. Going forward, they'll probably get over that spat, though.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Slimani made some great passes leading to goals in the last match. Nice quick thinking and execution by him. After Slimani took the penalty himself and didn't give the ball to pleading Ben Yedder, their realtionship didn't seem too rosy for rest of the match. You could see that during the goal celebrations, for example. Going forward, they'll probably get over that spat, though.
Slimani is an enigma

Sometimes he is the best teammate ever, other times he can be incredibly selfish

That was selfish

Imo, Slimani is having success so far Monaco because Jardim was his coach at Sporting, which was the last club where he was beasting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad