Ligue 1 2019-2020

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Soon, time for Monaco to fire Jardim again, this time for good?

They're playing really undisciplined and chaotic. Also can't believe they paid 10 million for that new goalie, he's been very shaky and playing more like a L2 level keeper. Should be getting a better goalie for that money.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nice win for Rennes against PSG.

That 16 year old playing in Rennes midfield looked like he belonged there, did well against Verratti, Draxler and Marquinhos.

I don't like Bernat at all, he's too average. Is Kurzawa still injured, I remember 2 seasons ago he was tearing the opponents apart on that left flank.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Memphis off to a pretty great start so far this season. Aouar was unreal in that 6-0 game also.
Finished 2nd in a 1 horse race and Remontada
I mean...that Monaco team was lightning in a bottle, and while that remontada was not ideal they played well enough to win a tie against Barcelona if not for some questionable officiating (not saying one way or the other, but it was definitely questionable).

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Memphis off to a pretty great start so far this season. Aouar was unreal in that 6-0 game also.

I mean...that Monaco team was lightning in a bottle, and while that remontada was not ideal they played well enough to win a tie against Barcelona if not for some questionable officiating (not saying one way or the other, but it was definitely questionable).
Emery still came in at Camp Nou with cowardly tactics. He let Barcelona dictate the tempo from the first minute and the moment they scored they got support from the crowd.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Emery still came in at Camp Nou with cowardly tactics. He let Barcelona dictate the tempo from the first minute and the moment they scored they got support from the crowd.

You could just as easily frame it as Emery masterminded a 4-0 win in the first leg against Barca and then got jobbed by some of the worst officiating we've seen in the last decade.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
nice to see psg lose... I hope rumours of there owners leaving them in 2021-2022 are true.. its time ligue 1 comes back under LYONS rule ;)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Now, who knew Choupo-Mouting had that fancy footwork in him. PSG still struggling to take control of the match, I miss the time they had attacking threat from the wingbacks/fullbacks, now they offer very little from there. That 2nd goal should settle it anyways, not every game can be fireworks, I guess.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG has now basically lost their whole forward trio from the last season, Cavani and Mbappe (hamstring) forced out with injuries and Neymar apparently having played his last game for them. They probably have to make some late transfer window attacking purchases.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Was watching this today:

Realized he's currently the highest rated player in L1 (2 game sample size, obviously) but he's looked very sharp. Still only 25 but this could be his best season yet since Fekir is gone and I imagine he'll be relied on as "the guy" in Lyon. Next season he'll go to a top team in the world if he keeps his focus and works hard.

His talent is undeniable...the total package offensively. Strong, great shot, great passing, great vision, set pieces, dribbling, speed...everything.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Depay already could've played for the elite teams out there if he was more consistent. His games vs the real elite teams in the CL really hurt his value last season. Hopefully he gets some consistency going this year and not feel the urge to prove himself vs the top teams out there, as then he usually overcompensates and fails. I could see him having another 20+10 season. I'd like to see him in Italy then, though I think he can still succeed in England as well.

His offensive package is indeed excellent. Right with the best of 'm. His work rate improved, too. His playmaking and decision making needs work. He should chose the easier, simple option much more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Mbappe out 4 weeks, Cavani out 3 weeks.

Gotta rely on AdM and Ch0pou-Moting for goals, good luck with that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Was watching this today:

Realized he's currently the highest rated player in L1 (2 game sample size, obviously) but he's looked very sharp. Still only 25 but this could be his best season yet since Fekir is gone and I imagine he'll be relied on as "the guy" in Lyon. Next season he'll go to a top team in the world if he keeps his focus and works hard.

His talent is undeniable...the total package offensively. Strong, great shot, great passing, great vision, set pieces, dribbling, speed...everything.

Memphis definitely has the tools to be a game breaking player. It’s in his head and he’s the only one holding himself back.

Reactions: YNWA14

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
ADM while not consistent can be world class for stretches.
His play on Sunday was some of the best I've ever seen from him. He could carry them for a bit if he plays like that. Chupo Moting with a beautiful, beautiful goal at a time they really needed one. Good for him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was watching this today:

Again I was quite impressed by him last season; anybody who goes to Man United rots. Alexis has slowed down due to age, but I expect him to have a bounce back season at Inter as well since he's leaving Woodwards garden shed.

I do think Depay has some character issues and it might prevent him from being success in one of the other stronger leagues.

Mbappe out 4 weeks, Cavani out 3 weeks.

Gotta rely on AdM and Ch0pou-Moting for goals, good luck with that.
Not that I disagree, but the lad has looked fantastic to start the season, got two goals in the opening match.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Depay has clear character issues and he is a bit immature.

Therefore he should succeed in a less scrutinize environement. Playing for Lyon is perfect for him IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad