Ligue 1 2018/19

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Savi, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

So if you think it has nothing with being brown or yellow, you don't follow the news much.

2. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

You know it's weird when you think about the rempant racism in the US culture.
    Half (and I'm being light here) of the villains in the US movies are from Russia or from the Middle East. Still that Good/Evil manicheism.
    Next time you watch an Hollywood movie watch for it.
    It's a constant in the US culture.

3. Live in the Now

Live in the Now Registered User

Awards:
    A lot of people in this country absolutely hate this government in this country and are extremely anti-war so you're preaching to the choir there. You're arguing against make believe people who don't haven't yet participated in this conversation.

You're bang on about the racism part but not so much the rest. I don't know if you think I like my country or something, but this country is a disgrace and I have no problem telling anyone that. I couldn't imagine living in any other garbage part of this country and this is the only state I'd want to live in, period.

I've watched about 300 movies from the last two years or so. It's a hobby, I enjoy it very much, I'm also not done. I also keep ranking lists, and I'm going to actually bother going down the lists before typing these next lines. Nothing I would consider to be a good film has any of that stuff in it.

Even thinking of bad films, of which I have also watched plenty, there are way more of those kinds of movies where the evil is from south of the border. Russia and the Middle East not so much. None of them are good though, and there aren't even very much of them anymore.

4. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

So Qatar is an evil dictatorship while the US separating children from parents because they're refugees, acknowledging right-wing extremists are within their rights to attempt murder, leave the climate project, ban people from 6 countries because "they're bad", threat a country of eradication, call other countries of being "****ty countries", and so much more, that's fine because it comes from the president of a free country.
    Same country that produces the Roma current owner who has offices in Abu Dahbi but only to get some sun.
    But that's OK to some. As long as Qatar isn't involved in Roma they're worth it.

5. Live in the Now

Awards:
    See above.

6. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

Well see I'm quite often disgusted by my own country.
    Btu that has taught me not to judge other as being evil.
    We're already well in evil territory ourselves.

Duchene2MacKinnon likes this.
  7. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

Who's anti war in America the Republicans or the Democrats? It's a trick question because neither are.

See Reel Bad Arabs and read Orientalism by Edward Said. Hollywood has a long history of vilifying Arabs and Russians. Hell everyones favourite Disney Movie Aladdin is one of the most racist things I've seen decades later they remade it.

BTW I'm watching Vice currently so, this convo is highly ironic.

8. Live in the Now

Awards:
    I already know man. I was just talking about what they make right now. Of course, in the past, I definitely agree.

Btw, I didn't think Vice was very good and made a truly evil person out to be kind of comedic. There were better movies about those wars, like this one, but I didn't hear anyone talk about it.

A Private War (2018) - IMDb

9. Duchene2MacKinnon

Yeah, I watched... very underwhelming (the actual movie) and reeks with white (wo)men saviour.

Movies the make now? Well for starters the movie I mentioned above they made this year. Others include American Sniper, Lone survivor, Zero Dark thirty, Argo, 13 hours, and the gem that is the Dictator. I believe all of these were made in this decade. A show called Homeland is cartoonishly racist and evil. It really isn't about making good tv or Hollywood movies most of the time its propaganda aimed at serving an agenda.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. Live in the Now

Awards:
    I didn't think she was the savior of anything though, I thought that if that was the case her reports would have actually helped people. Unfortunately they didn't. I thought the film did a good job of explaining what these tragedies are, and why it is difficult to get global reporting on them as those are the things that happen as a result of attempting. City of Ghosts is a great documentary on this subject too. Felt awful for those guys.

11. Duchene2MacKinnon

There were many scenes that pushed that narrative. All the Arabs were either hysterical or useless and in need what's her face who is always calm, in control and basically a clamours goddess.

12. Live in the Now

Awards:
    Didn’t see it that way, she seemed quite mentally destroyed to me. I definitely thought the film was better than Vice in any case.

13. Duchene2MacKinnon

I’m about 30 minutes into vice couldn’t care less about how good these movies are but what purpose they serve.

The argument isn’t about what movies are good or bad but if they’re racist and target the people Evilo mentioned and the lost I provide it’s obvious this is the case.

I also don’t agree with Evilo about being brown or what what ever. Just his points about the hypocrisy and the US. He’s bang on.

Cassano likes this.
  14. Power Man

Power Man Grrrr

15. BKIslandersFan

BKIslandersFan Registered User

I dont give a crap about whether Nasser is guilty or not.

But christ almigty do not use other people’s plights to justify your own fandom.

No one here ever said US government wasnt bad. But 1) they do not run a football club and 2) two wrongs dont make a right.

I am almost certain you dont give a crap about those affected by US warmongering or families being separated at the border. So you know, keep em out of ya mouth.

16. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

You should keep your **** in your mouth when you don't know.
    And as a matter of a fact, I'm responding to the posts made by the OP about him not supporting Roma if they were sold to QSI.

Of course, you managed to speak without knowing and spread ****.

Thank you for your input.

17. BKIslandersFan

Ok...and it doesnt make a difference because you still come out as incredibly selfish, using whatabouttery to defend PSG sugar daddy...

So again, please do keep those people suffering outta ya mouth.

18. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

Since you have no idea of my opinion, nor my experience of suffering people like this, maybe you should avoid making assumptions.

You're the one talking **** here.

19. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

The fact you still haven't followed the plot doesn't help either.
    There's no whataboutism here. He said he'd quit being a Roma fan because of evil actions in Qatar. Yet he supports a team whose owner is american (hence the american rant) and who's doing business in Abu Dahbi.

So yeah. Try to follow next time. Might help.

Cassano likes this.
  20. gary69

gary69 Registered User

CEO, real estate
    Good combined performance by Niang and Sarr on the last matchday, I really think Niang has found his calling playing as the main striker. He still needs to have the team built around him to play towards his strenghts (who doesn't) , but he can be successful in this role. I think he certainly would do well with the likes of Leicester or Everton, and even with Chelsea/Man Utd, if they would play more creative players to provide service for him (instead of likes of Willian, Pedro, Lindgard etc.)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  21. BKIslandersFan

American, not American government.

Your comparison is atrocious.

And my point is still valid. Keep it out ya damn mouth.

22. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

No, your point still isn't valid, just like any "point" you tried to make. So I'll open my mouth and you can do whatever you want with yours.

Meanwhile no, an american billionaire isn't innocent, and a Qatari former tennis player isn't any more evil.

23. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

I think he'd do well in the EPL indeed. He has the physique to bully defensemen and the technique to play at high level.
    It's all in the head with him. Stephan does him a lot of good too.

24. BKIslandersFan

So you think its ok to use victims of American foreign policy to justify your fandom of PSG? To be honest I don't care that you support PSG, and I agree there are very few if any, ethical billionaires.

My point being two wrongs don't make a right. Don't use AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS EVIL to defend Qataris. They are all bad.

So again, keep it out ya mouth, and stop being selfish. Have some respect.

25. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

No, I think it's not OK to act as if actions of others are evil and you'd quite supporting your team if people of that other country take over your team, while never looking at your OWN owner's country's actions.
    So yeah, it was easy to follow.
    And I don't support PSG.

AGAIN, you don't know me, you have zero idea about my "selfishness" or about my "respect".