Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, St Maximin should have finished the game with that Atal pass. He chose his right foot on that open net.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
3-0 for Lyon away at Marseille :laugh:
Marseille will be without Europe next year, but are already without balls :biglaugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah Ben Arfa is crazy skilled. Too bad he lacks the game intelligence and mentality to be among the best.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Savanier isn't good enough for these types of clubs.
He's having his first excellent season in pro football and he's 27.
He's about to sign with Montpellier, his academy club. Fiorentina is the other big proposal he has.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe with the MVP title, unsurpringly.
His speech though :amazed:
He said he wanted more responsibilities, either at PSG or in a future project.

Seems to me he's puting pressure on PSG to play striker next year without Cavani.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
PSG president targeted by French corruption probe

(AP) — Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is under investigation for corruption related to Qatar’s bids to host the 2017 and 2019 track world championships, a judicial official said Thursday.

The official told The Associated Press the preliminary charge of “active corruption” was filed against the beIN media group chairman in mid-May in a case focusing on the payment of $3.5 million to an IAAF official.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Nasser's name is nowhere in any file. This is just a judge trying to catch a name.

You should avoir making assumptions like this @Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Too late, I made my assumptions about QSI a long time ago.

Fortunately, since then, we've had tons of leaks and people within the game supporting my opinion. This news doesn't change a thing. Read the book "The Ugly Game" and get back to me. I'd genuinely be surprised if anyone here knows as much about QSI as I do. And no, the book isn't a pure opinion piece, nor is it my only source of information.

At what point do you acknowlege the smoke might actually have merit? I'm genuinely curious.

Because if you're waiting for UEFA, FIFA, or the court of law to truly expose them, then you're either being incredibly naive, or incredibly calculated because you know there's a 99% chance nothing will be "decided" that you can no longer refute with relentless source-assassination. There's way too much money, powerful people, and corruption involved on all sides. The whole house of cards would collaspe.

Have you asked yourself why they're interested in buying Roma, a club in another major European captial? Do you think it's because they like the scenery or something?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
At what point? When he's found guilty. A step you clearly don't care about. Sasy a lot about your vision of justice.

Meanwhile you're an italian football fan, where doping and corruption were basically invented. Not much peep about that from you.

They're interested in Roma because Qatar wants to acquire the clubs of most prestigious cities in the world because of international stature.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
No, it says nothing about my vision of justice, thanks. I'm just able to understand that some people are above the law. When we're talking about individuals who essentially own a country and there's billions upon billions involved, I think it's safe to say they're in that category.

So like I said, you're either being intentionally naive, or you're calculated and know exactly what you're doing. For your sake, I hope it's the latter. You can pretend "innocent until proven guilty" is some kind of divine stance of truth and justice, but in reality it's not. Not with people this powerful.

And no, I have no problem talking about corruption in Italy, but nice attempt at a deflection. I don't deny it all, and in fact, I've gone a multiple rants here about how it contributed to the state of Serie A. If you want to talk about it sometime, I'm more than willing.

It's interesting how you're so accepting of corruption in football, but won't entertain QSI being corrupt until the courts (that will never do anything) convince you otherwise. On top that, you go out of your way to disparage anyone who suggests they are, and won't do the homework to form your own opinion.

Because Evilo, if you did do the homework, and you have a shred of objectivity in your body, there's honestly no way you'd think they're anything close to being clean. In fact, you'd think the total opposite.

So which is it? Incredibly naive or calculated?

I honestly hope this isn't just a Ligue 1 thing. That'd be so disappointingly basic.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh QSI is above the law, but billionaires that own every single big team in football aren't ! Got ya !

So according to you Nasser is guilty just because he has (or represents) stupid money. Nasser might or might not be guilty, but contrary to you, I have ZERO element in my knowledge to know one way or the other. Justice will do its work. Hopefully. I'm sure you're a lawyer knowledgeable of every detail of this affair. LOL.

Basic is indeed the word. You've been quite embarrassing with your double standard. Roma can be owned by every corrupt, passive assassination organisation, you have ZERO problem with it, as long as they don't come from Qatar and are a little too brown. Because THEY're evil.

That's like 5 year old understanding of the world. Typical manicheist north american auto-centred view of the planet.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think it has a single thing to do with anyone being brown. Always thought it was pretty clear that people here don't really believe in stupid shit like that.

I think has everything to do with Roma having to follow rules that made them sell players constantly when PSG didn't have to follow the same rules. Now they are, to some extent anyway, many years later.

Might also have something to do with that sweet dictatorship. If North Korea owned a team and spent tons of money on it I don't think anyone would be very pleased. Or if Peron owned a team, or Franco, or Botha, etc. I know this is a pointless argument but that's why people have these feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure
Or as I said it's hypocrisy.
That's very very north American in fact.
That's exactly why the US create wars everywhere to fight "dictatorships" everywhere around the globe according to their own rulebook which is "dictatorships are fine as long as we've decided so".
Half the dictatorships the world has know in the second half of the xxth century were established by the US, yet those were all fine. It's the ones they don't control that are bad.
Just like Huawei which is evil just because they're selling more than Apple.
At some point you get the president you deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad