Ligue 1 2018/19

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't watch the second half because I went to the Arsenal/Pool game but there's a whole article in L'Equipe dismantling Depay's performance against Bordeaux. For someone who demanded more respect he apparently was the worst Lyon player on the pitch and the fans actually booed him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And yet Aouar scores right before halftime.
Commentator says Barca and Liverpool are after him.
Very interested in this link. Every time I've seen Aouar I feel like he has shown a ton of potential.

I could just imagine a midfield comprising Wijnaldum, Aouar, Fabinho and Keita would be so very solid (assuming Fabinho gets his head straight).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh look at that, Jardim wasn't the problem after all. How many Monaco executives does it take to change a coaching staff until they realise that they were wrong...

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Memphis was awesome today, especially in the second half. Two gorgeous goals and two assists. If his confidence is up, he can be really unstoppable. He just needs to lose his arrogance, build some consistency and I think the sky is the limit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Memphis was awesome today, especially in the second half. Two gorgeous goals and two assists. If his confidence is up, he can be really unstoppable. He just needs to lose his arrogance, build some consistency and I think the sky is the limit.
Is he short of confidence or has too much arrogance which is it?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh he's no short on confidence.
But his attitude is killing him.
After his stupid ousting in the media, he's been under the spotlight and has been awful. Fans and media have been on his back and rightfully so. He's been booed after his catastrophic outings both in L1 and in EL. His game against Hoffenheim mid week was just a recipe of all he does wrong. Selfish choices, no defensive help, trying to force a shot with an open teammate, pouting when teammates didn't pass him the ball (even when they rightfully didn't), etc...
Fans booed him, and media had plenty of articles killing him.

Good to see he had a good half today (first was awful, just like all Lyon players BTW), but he had a tremendous second.

Still, I maintain Lyon would be better off without him. He's a circus that only produces in stretches and hurts them when he's not on. That would be OK if at least his attitude wasn't so bad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tonight will be a Monaco massacre. 14 injured players, out of form, players from the academy will start.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Tonight will be a Monaco massacre. 14 injured players, out of form, players from the academy will start.

When I saw that match was on tonight my immediate reaction was Oh, that'll be a good game! A thought which lasted about one second before I remembered what form Monaco is in right now

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some very exciting prospects playing for Monaco though. I suggest you watch the game, even if it's not in my best interested (for DL) :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't like those offside calls. Goal is given here for Cavani (already 2-0 BTW), but he clearly takes advantage of his position to score the goal after Diaby's cross.
Reminds me of Liverpool's goal called off last week. Rule states it's a good goal. Spirit says it shouldn't be.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
3rd goal for Cavani.
2nd assist for Diaby.

And PSG isn't even trying. Monaco has had moments in the first half, but missed some very easy goals.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
And more injuries to Monaco (Mboula hamstring?). Interesting to see whether they'll just be passive during the January transfer window and hope to survive with this group of players. They must be the richest club ever relegated if that happens at the end of season.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I like Monaco and i liked Henry as a player but i'm happy to see him fail as a coach. Not a fan of ex-superstar players going directly for the big jobs with no experience and never learning the ropes at lower levels. Talented personnel that actually work hard are passed in favor of these types of hires and that's simply unfair.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I like Monaco and i liked Henry as a player but i'm happy to see him fail as a coach. Not a fan of ex-superstar players going directly for the big jobs with no experience and never learning the ropes at lower levels. Talented personnel that actually work hard are passed in favor of these types of hires and that's simply unfair.
I totally agree with this.
But at the same, time some ex-players are instant winners (Blanc, DD, etc...). Henry was assistant for Belgium too.

But on the whole yes. Especially after the media was all worked up with his majesty being kind enough to take Monaco.
Thankfully enough, some people are now seeing it was too tough of a job for him to start with.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tuchel is learning that even with VAR, french refs know better than using it and still suck.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Tuchel is learning that even with VAR, french refs know better than using it and still suck.

Just curious, was Tuchel known for having known French before going to PSG, or is that something he's picked up since moving there? Either way good on him for it

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He made incredible efforts in French, just like Emery (though Emery speaks too fast to be understood lol).
Kudos to both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad