Lightning Weekly Power Rankings

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Lightning Power Rankings Week 1

ESPN - 6th
Last Week: 16 Kudos to GM Steve Yzerman for his offseason work. Sami Salo is among those additions. Try a plus-9 and five assists in five games for the veteran blueliner with the surprising Bolts.

NY Post - 5th
Scored 24 goals in five games. Martin St. Louis had four assists Sunday in a 5-1 win over the Flyers and has 11 points on the season

CBS - 5th
Still not sure they are this good as I'm not sold on Anders Lindback in net yet, but it's tough to argue with results. ... The offense is very balanced right now but Martin St. Louis still stands out. What a player

HockeyNews - 5th
Led by the dangerous Stamkos-St-Louis duo, the Lightning are the highest scoring team in the league right now. Still, they allow too many shots, averaging 34.2 against per game early this season, 26th in the NHL

FOX Sports - 11th
Martin St. Louis was the third of the NHL’s “Three Stars” of the week. His eight assists tie him for second in the league to power a Lightning team with the most goals scored per game in the league (4.8).

TSN - 2nd
Rookie winger Cory Conacher is the offseason addition getting noticed the most, which happens with seven points in five games, but veteran D Sami Salo has been great too, contributing five points and a league-leading plus-9.

SportsNet - 4th
Perfect at home, the Lightning have easily the best goal differential in the East (+11). The scary thing? Three other Tampa Bay players have scored as many goals as Steven Stamkos (three). Wait till Stammer gets warmed up.

SI - 8th
Maybe last year was the fluke, when the Lightning missed the playoffs after going to Game 7 of the 2011 conference finals. Coach Guy Boucher's Bolts have looked plenty good so far, especially ageless Martin St. Louis (11 points, NHL Third Star of the Week honors) and Vincent Lecavalier, who recently played in his 1,000th game. "I don't feel old," Lecavalier told reporters. "I still feel that I can play at a high level. I can play physical. I want to keep that; I don't want to change just because I'm getting older." Rookie left wing Cory Conacher has been a find so far, with five points (two goals) in his first three games. If only the Lightning could beat the Islanders at Nassau Coliseum, their loss made it four straight defeats in the old barn by a combined 16-6 margin.

Interesting to see most have us in the top 5.
To me the most surprising is TSN having us at #2 given how they have generally seemed to not like Tampa.
Fox having us at 11 is also perplexing. Especially since it shows we moved down 2 spots from their preseaon rankings. :help:

Last edited:

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
2nd on TSN? Wow, that must have been a hard one for them to swallow. IIRC they ranked us 26th in their preseason poll.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
2nd on TSN? Wow, that must have been a hard one for them to swallow. IIRC they ranked us 26th in their preseason poll.

Yea they usually dont like to see TB do well. They always seem to rate their canadian teams higher even if they arent doing even close to as well as TB is at the moment. This team is fun to watch right now. I hope they can keep this play up for as long as possible. They will win many games if they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad