Post-Game Talk: Lightning VS Red Wings l 12/4/18 l 7:30 PM EST

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The boys are getting hot at the worst time for my wallet. Headed home for a week on the 14th with aims of going to the Florida game on my birthday. Tickets were so much cheaper a few weeks back. Still damn excited. I'll pay whatever I need to pay. LGRW!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Shoulda known we'd let them back in again. I swear I don't know why can't beat this team at least once.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
never understood how u can call a dive and a hook/tripp, its either one or the other and that was obviously a hook

he was called for embellishment, not a dive. You can absolutely embellish and have an actual penalty at the same time. Say you got tapped in the cheek with a stick but you acted like someone two handed a spiky cactus into your eyeball.

or you got crosschecked but intentionally go flying in order to make it look worse than it was

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
he was called for embellishment, not a dive. You can absolutely embellish and have an actual penalty at the same time. Say you got tapped in the cheek with a stick but you acted like someone two handed a spiky cactus into your eyeball.

or you got crosschecked but intentionally go flying in order to make it look worse than it was
its still silly, and I dont know how u can get a penalty for having a penalty offense inflicted upon u. Logically diving/embellishment should only be punished if the player is trying pull one over on the refs, on an otherwise clean play.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
its still silly, and I dont know how u can get a penalty for having a penalty offense inflicted upon u. Logically diving/embellishment should only be punished if the player is trying pull one over on the refs, on an otherwise clean play.

No, they need to keep it like this or else it will become like soccer where players flop around when they know they can get a call.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
f***!! What are we doing out there!?! We're on a pp and you give up that for them to tie it?!

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
No, they need to keep it like this or else it will become like soccer where players flop around when they know they can get a call.
or u encourage refs to show some character and call just the dives/embellishments when they happen. How well taking both guys deter flopping?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad