OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Some fresh GoT theories since we were just talking about that.
The best Game of Thrones theories you need to know about going into season 8 | GamesRadar+

please, please, please, don't let 6 be true. Or least subvert the hell out of it.

19 I could very much see. I didn't mention it in my own theory, but I sort of skirted around why
Cersei doesn't see the White Walkers as much of a threat anymore, and an 'alliance' would do that. Her child becoming the new Night King (or QUEEN) would ensure her legacy for sure. (I had forgotten she got preggers again. It's been like two years since the last episode.) Maybe it's getting too cartoonishly villain, but a desperate narcissist would 100% do it.

Also, I like atmospheres/lore like Darkest Dungeon and Dark Souls, so I sort of want to lean a bit into just making everything hell right at the end. No opportunities for direct sequels.

*trigger warning*
3/9 edit: okay, scenario: Cersei doesn't want to give up her child to become the new Night King, unless the kid is *trigger warning* stillborn, which at her age, number of past children, health issues and stress level, (and b/c magic...and inbreeding) the court doctors are telling the audience is very, very likely.

It appears to be that at first but eventually coughs to life. Cersei asks to hold her newborn for a minute and smiles. Then she says to the Night King to take it anyway.

Cersei has made it clear that her children are like the only thing that matters to her, but in the endgame, something has to break to make it interesting, either her love of her children or her desire for power. Since I see her as a narcissist, her kids are extensions of her (in her opinion) and how great she thinks she is. Look at the magnificence that she brought into this world. There is also literally no bottom of the barrel for her.

A scene in Downfall (which I recommend, it's on Amazon Prime, although you may need to turn English subtitles on) recounts Hitler pondering if the Russians were the master race all along. Something like that could happen in GoT. Maybe the White Walkers are just *supposed* to inherit the planet? Why would Cersei not want to have her kid leading that world?

What I'm sort of suggesting is that Westeros/King's Landing becomes a haven for everyone left until Cersei dies, (which she sees as mercy) then global warming goes to town. Her life becomes the most important thing to humanity, but they're basically already dead. It'd hit the global warming metaphor nail on the head for sure. Die before it becomes cosmic horror.

I put a spoiler on my own theory, which feels unnecessary, but since I did it for the original discussion, I'll do it again if you want to see nothing.

edit: 3/9
I put more in the spoiler tag if you want more theory extrapolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I always find beach balls (or blimps during play) unbelievably distracting. I'm not surprised WWE would act.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
While we're at it can we ban people from watching events through the screen of their recording phone when they paid hundreds of dollars to see it live?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I watched a video essay I found on Reddit and it reminded me that a fifth Indiana Jones movie is supposed to be in the works. I looked it up and filming begins next month. Disney CEO Bob Iger said this will not just be a one-off. Mutt will not return thankfully.

I guess a reboot at some point is inevitable with the current course. Soviets as the baddies fundamentally don't work in my view, if they were to pass the torch to another actor.

Indy 5 is scheduled to come out July 2021, which is pretty far off. I'd think that the villain would be a Richard Spencer type. Someone who never lived during the Reich, and sort of plays by the rules of an intellectual, dresses like them, etc., but twists their rules against them (which contrasts with Indy's profession of being a college professor, but is willing to mix it up, and give the audience that sort of 'trust me, you don't want to go back to fascism' speech). You've got to keep in mind this is Spielberg we're talking about.

It's kind of weird we never had this type of mainstream movie come out already.

(warning for language, movie violence, and spoilers for Raiders and Crusade)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Some fresh GoT theories since we were just talking about that.
The best Game of Thrones theories you need to know about going into season 8 | GamesRadar+

please, please, please, don't let 6 be true. Or least subvert the hell out of it.

19 I could very much see. I didn't mention it in my own theory, but I sort of skirted around why
Cersei doesn't see the White Walkers as much of a threat anymore, and an 'alliance' would do that. Her child becoming the new Night King (or QUEEN) would ensure her legacy for sure. (I had forgotten she got preggers again. It's been like two years since the last episode.) Maybe it's getting too cartoonishly villain, but a desperate narcissist would 100% do it.

Also, I like atmospheres/lore like Darkest Dungeon and Dark Souls, so I sort of want to lean a bit into just making everything hell right at the end. No opportunities for direct sequels.

*trigger warning*
3/9 edit: okay, scenario: Cersei doesn't want to give up her child to become the new Night King, unless the kid is *trigger warning* stillborn, which at her age, number of past children, health issues and stress level, (and b/c magic...and inbreeding) the court doctors are telling the audience is very, very likely.

It appears to be that at first but eventually coughs to life. Cersei asks to hold her newborn for a minute and smiles. Then she says to the Night King to take it anyway.

Cersei has made it clear that her children are like the only thing that matters to her, but in the endgame, something has to break to make it interesting, either her love of her children or her desire for power. Since I see her as a narcissist, her kids are extensions of her (in her opinion) and how great she thinks she is. Look at the magnificence that she brought into this world. There is also literally no bottom of the barrel for her.

A scene in Downfall (which I recommend, it's on Amazon Prime, although you may need to turn English subtitles on) recounts Hitler pondering if the Russians were the master race all along. Something like that could happen in GoT. Maybe the White Walkers are just *supposed* to inherit the planet? Why would Cersei not want to have her kid leading that world?

What I'm sort of suggesting is that Westeros/King's Landing becomes a haven for everyone left until Cersei dies, (which she sees as mercy) then global warming goes to town. Her life becomes the most important thing to humanity, but they're basically already dead. It'd hit the global warming metaphor nail on the head for sure. Die before it becomes cosmic horror.

I put a spoiler on my own theory, which feels unnecessary, but since I did it for the original discussion, I'll do it again if you want to see nothing.

edit: 3/9
I put more in the spoiler tag if you want more theory extrapolation.

I'm okay with #6 considering how much hocus pocus has already happened. I cannot however, get behind the plots with Tyrion. For God's sake let there be at least one noble Lannister of the brood. I have however heard rumors that basically none of the big players are gonna survive and it basically winds up as someone like Sansa winning the whole damn thing because she's the only one left who hasn't died.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm okay with #6 considering how much hocus pocus has already happened. I cannot however, get behind the plots with Tyrion. For God's sake let there be at least one noble Lannister of the brood. I have however heard rumors that basically none of the big players are gonna survive and it basically winds up as someone like Sansa winning the whole damn thing because she's the only one left who hasn't died.
Bluuuaaarrrrgh, Sansa!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bluuuaaarrrrgh, Sansa!
Sansa makes sense though. She's had a pretty long arc, coming from one of the lambs who was too gentle for the brutality of her world to one of its lions. I sort of think she caps out at Lord of Winterfell as 'there must always be a Stark in Winterfell' is a meme. Jon is probably meant to serve a bigger purpose than her, although it could be that Jon gets the throne and abdicates it to Sansa. Something like that. They're on really good terms as I recall.

As for Tyrion, I do see him and Jamie as the noble-ish Lannisters. It doesn't mean that they get a happy ending, but they're mostly good dudes at this point. I sort of don't see Tyrion dying. Maybe he just gets sort of an 'ordinary' type life or becomes the hand of the king/queen at the end of the series, if it's a happy ending. The show wants us to like him and Tyrion is too honorable (and he knows he's too drunk) to become a monarch or head of a royal house. I'd think he'd rather just peace out given the opportunity.

We all know who is really going to get the Iron Throne.
Lyanna Mormont

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bluuuaaarrrrgh, Sansa!
Dude you're not kidding. I have major respect for her as a protagonist but she's spent 6 2/3 seasons being the whipping post. Seeing her happy is my prority over seeing her in power. I don't care how many big strong blacksmiths you ask about leather being included in the armor.... Your little sister is THE biggest badass the whole show has ever had and I will never be able to take you seriously as a ruler now.

Had the plot been altered for her to have worked with Olenna Tyrell during a certain assassination.....

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In the past few years, I've discovered that Looney Tunes were actually pretty well-constructed cartoons. It was the edits that were made later on for sensibilities that made them nonsensical. Also my limited baby brain.

When it came to Mickey, he was always a corporate mascot to me in the years it was personally relevant (the Eisner years). Ducktales and Goof Troop were great of course, but Mickey certainly was never any fun.

Then I see these cartoons in my YouTube recommendations:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Slime Rancher is free on the Epic Games store until the 21st, at that point Oxenfree will become the new free game.

I've beaten Oxenfree. It's okay. It's a quality, short, story-driven type game that's been in bundles and given away a few times before on other sites. The main source of gameplay is your dialog options. Not especially difficult.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Google Stadia is amazing if it works properly. Basically the death of console gaming. Hoping this works properly.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Streaming games exists, but it's always been laggy. It's clearly coming, it's just a matter of when.
There are servers and services already that provide the same thing. But the fact that Google is doing machine learning development, removing majority of connections and using Google's data centres, and the massive amount of money they have to support it, this is a game changer.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
My problem with Stadia is losing the concept of actually owning the game. If that service goes away (and Google has a habit of randomly giving up on things), then you're screwed. Plus not being able to game if your internet goes out. Still the positives are intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad