OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Trying to get my buddy at work to watch GoT after repeatedly insisting he will be able to see every episode because he will get that hooked on it.

But it brings me to a question. Anyone got that clip of our organist playing the GoT theme?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Trying to get my buddy at work to watch GoT after repeatedly insisting he will be able to see every episode because he will get that hooked on it.

But it brings me to a question. Anyone got that clip of our organist playing the GoT theme?
if you've got HBO with your cable provider, you can watch every GoT episode (and other series and movies) on HBOgo.com via your provider's login at no extra charge.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is now a GoT Discussion thread cuz.... it's GoT and the "A" is silent

A few predictions

I think upon finding out his true heritage, Jon Snow could give a f*** less about being King and wants to defend everyone in Westeros from the dead and THAT is his priority. He will recognize himself a Stark before a Targaryen.

Dany is pregnant and does not want to raise a bastard child. Jon -not one to be overly affectionate is kinda "Git uff meh wumman"

After the death of Cercei, Tyrion has Jaime killed so that (if my logic is correct) he is now King of Westeros and will use it to form an alliance with Dany and Jon

MOTHER..... f***ING...... CLEGANE BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES!! YES!!! "Egg...... I had a dream I was hype!!"

Dany dies when she falls into the ocean off the back of her dragon -who also dies when she's gunned down taking on Euron Greyjoy's navy

And I have a pretty shitty feeling this is not going to end well. If it ends up with something like Gendry Baratheon marrying Sansa at the end because they're the only ones left alive or Little Sam, the incestous son of Craster is the Prince/Princess who was promised over Jon/Dany's child that's not gonna sit well with me

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This is now a GoT Discussion thread cuz.... it's GoT and the "A" is silent

A few predictions

I think upon finding out his true heritage, Jon Snow could give a **** less about being King and wants to defend everyone in Westeros from the dead and THAT is his priority. He will recognize himself a Stark before a Targaryen.

Dany is pregnant and does not want to raise a bastard child. Jon -not one to be overly affectionate is kinda "Git uff meh wumman"

After the death of Cercei, Tyrion has Jaime killed so that (if my logic is correct) he is now King of Westeros and will use it to form an alliance with Dany and Jon

MOTHER..... ****ING...... CLEGANE BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES!! YES!!! "Egg...... I had a dream I was hype!!"

Dany dies when she falls into the ocean off the back of her dragon -who also dies when she's gunned down taking on Euron Greyjoy's navy

And I have a pretty ****ty feeling this is not going to end well. If it ends up with something like Gendry Baratheon marrying Sansa at the end because they're the only ones left alive or Little Sam, the incestous son of Craster is the Prince/Princess who was promised over Jon/Dany's child that's not gonna sit well with me
Not sure I agree with everything. So here's another theory: Bran (due to his dislocation in time as the Three Eyed Raven) is Bran the Builder (dude who built the magical wall and made peace between Wight Walkers and the living) and the Night King as well. He will kill everybody, the game of thrones is just that, a game. The end.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not sure I agree with everything. So here's another theory: Bran (due to his dislocation in time as the Three Eyed Raven) is Bran the Builder (dude who built the magical wall and made peace between Wight Walkers and the living) and the Night King as well. He will kill everybody, the game of thrones is just that, a game. The end.

I have considered that possibility but unless Bran the builder was the same first man as the one we saw become the Night King then that means our boy is literally 3 different people and 2 of them are impossible because Bran must have followed the Night King due to the fact that they later became a problem and there was need for a wall. I can see him being Bran the builder but not the Night King -that would be as bizarre as Arya being the Waif and suddenly, she gives a crap about the Stark family and has yet somehow retained all of Arya's memories and affections.

I also don't see any way this plays out without Theon somehow dying in an effort to redeem himself. I would like to hope that he does whether he dies or not

I also struggle to see a world in which all of Tyrion, Dany and Jon live. We are gonna lose some of them and it is gonna suck ass. I actually think it's possible everyone kills themselves and baby Targaryen grows up to slay the Night King -which I think Jon can do himself.

I just want to see Jon at least survive the whole thing. He already died, he can kill the Night King. That is some "promised one" stuff as opposed to whatever child he and Dany have.

But imagine that.... A Targaryen breeds outside his bloodline and it's possible his bastard raised son is the chosen one

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
it's been so long since the last episode, I need a refresher.

but
If global warming doesn't sit on the Iron Throne at the end of this, I don't think it'll be one of the main players (If GRRM gets to pick). Maybe the most fitting would be (and this has been theorized by other people) is Ser Friendzone himself, Jorah Mormont.

Clearly, they've kept Jorah around so long for a reason, and he's probably going to play a significant part of the end of her story, no? She's not into him, yet he's still kicking around.

This theory about Jorah Mormont would make an amazing Game of Thrones movie

It has been pointed out elsewhere that Jorah does fit 'has the blood of a dragon'. One being the grayscale, which kind of just exists in the plotline for padding right now, the other being his sword (Jamie also fits with regards to his sword). I don't like to give Game/Film Theorists too much credit, they primarily just signal boost theories they find on message boards and subreddits.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I spent a drive thinking how to twist a years-old theory into something actually surprising given how widespread it became.
Ser Friendzone kills Dany, the most difficult thing he can do, but you don't know if you're Azor Ahai until you've completed all of the requirements. However, Jorah is not Azor Ahai. How devastating would that be for him?

The actual show has been foreshadowing pretty hard Jamie vs. Cersei. Both can believe they are Azor Ahai. The loss of a loved one for Cersei is her children, which are the thing she clearly cares about, even if in a narcissistic way. The rest of the prophecy can sort of be goofed to interpretation. The show clearly puts Jamie on the 'good' side in this. It's been his arc from episode 1 when The Kingslayer pushed Bran off of the tower, to actually becoming a pretty decent and likable guy for his world, as far as GoT goes. He certainly had a rebirth.

However, this is GoT, and while Jamie might actually be Azor Ahai, Cersei wants the throne. It's too bad that she sees the White Walkers as threats now because her fixation on the throne despite this would work for my endgame. She could still come to underestimate them through events of the final season, Jamie is dead, Jon Snow is dead, etc. Cersei is on the throne and the show ends with a hollow victory where she's smug about everything, and global warming is clearly about to wreck shop. We probably never find out for sure who Azor Ahai was, if anyone, but it's not Cersei. Need to give fans something to fight over.

If the show wants an ambiguous end (as to if it's actually good or bad) that the fans will like. The Mad Queen Dany on the throne will do, but Jorah has to be meaningful, and Dany's good deeds of freeing slaves wouldn't have gone unpunished in early seasons of the show.

edit: I like the idea that prophecy does not exist, and there really is no Azor Ahai to speak of. There's just global warming and Valarian steel to destroy it, and everything has been confirmation bias because the world is magic. The most capable characters tear themselves apart over who is the chosen one, but there isn't one because it doesn't matter because prophecies are really sort of a dumb crutch. #fakenews #fakeprophecy

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Free Twitch Prime games for March

Star Vikings Forever
The King's Bird
Kabounce
Snake Pass

All of them have pretty good user reviews. Snake Pass is the only one I've played and despite the 'innovation', it was praised for I thought it became pretty boring. At least, I don't think it should be as long a game as it thinks. 1-2 hours and I pretty much had my fill. No need for a 5-9 hour adventure.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Oh shit, Looks like Wrestlemania is coming to Tampa for 2020. Looks like I will be coming down for the event and hopefully play off games during that time.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Bull.....

Are you serious? How are you gonna have Mania in Florida nevermind Tampa and disallow beach balls? I challenge this notion as a lifelong Tampa resident

Yeah, totally serious. They felt it distracted from the show and it looks bad on TV. So people try to sneak in beach balls, but if they get caught its either ejection or take it at the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad