OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This guy should be our coach dangit. Such an inspiring post game interview compared to the gum chewer.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is changing a charger port on a phone a hard task? My local store would charge 70€ for doing so.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I posted a link to a Twitch stream scambaiter that was about to cross the 24 hour mark. The saga ended up at over 36 hours. The edited version has begun to get uploaded. (bad scammer language warning)

If you want to get straight to the wildest stuff:
41:00 or 39:00 if you want some context ot what is happening

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There's been rumors of Star Wars making a Knights of the Old Republic movie trilogy. I don't think they could pull off KOTOR2's themes with their management right now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Conspiracy Theory: Baby Yoda toys aren't available until January, despite Hasbro already making figures for The Mandalorian, and Rise of the Skywalker toys aren't selling.

When Ep. 9 is out in theaters, it actually becomes Baby Yoda driving Star Wars toy sales, but Lucasfilm doesn't make that distinction.

It could encourage Rise of the Skywalker purchases I suppose though.

Ep. 9 is going to make a ton of money pretty much no matter what, so ancillary metrics like toy sales are what really shows how successful the movie was.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think they just didn't want to spoil Baby Yoda before the show even started so they held it to the point it delayed their release til January.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think they just didn't want to spoil Baby Yoda before the show even started so they held it to the point it delayed their release til January.
I don't really see it. They unveiled figures as soon as new characters appeared on the show, and you can pre-order toys for new Ep. 9 characters.

The thing is, you don't really know the context or importance of the characters. Baby Yoda (or "The Child") could have just as well been some background character like an extra in the Mos Eisley Cantina or Jabba's Barge.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The new free Twitch Prime games are up for the month. I see that ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove is included.

Epic Games also made their weekly free game update.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
How did Kit Harrington get a Golden Globe nomination with that writing (and was the only one from GoT)?

She's muh queen. I dun wan it.
zbm3apg1icp31.png

Reactions: Coopers Gum

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kit Harrington getting a nomination for acting makes me question whether actors should exist.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Kit Harrington getting a nomination for acting makes me question whether actors should exist.
I never had the love for Jon Snow that many in the fanbase did, but Harrington did okay as an ensemble player. He was given absolutely nothing to work with though in that last season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I never had the love for Jon Snow that many in the fanbase did, but Harrington did okay as an ensemble player. He was given absolutely nothing to work with though in that last season.
He may as well be a mannequin. Sure the material isn't great - Snow is a boring character (pretty much a Mary Sue), but he also just seems to have people act at him.

There are a lot of good performances in that show. His is not one of them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
He may as well be a mannequin. Sure the material isn't great - Snow is a boring character (pretty much a Mary Sue), but he also just seems to have people act at him.

Everyone becomes a Mary Sue/Marty Stu cartoon at the end though. Tyrion and Sansa get it the worst. Euron always was. Arya gets her moments.

Emilia Clarke was able to overcome her writing much better than Kit Harrington IMO. Maybe a supporting player like Gwen Christie/Brienne would be deserving for season 8 as well.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Everyone becomes a Mary Sue/Marty Stu cartoon at the end though. Tyrion and Sansa get it the worst. Euron always was. Arya gets her moments.

Emilia Clarke was able to overcome her writing much better than Kit Harrington IMO. Maybe a supporting player like Gwen Christie/Brienne would be deserving for season 8 as well.
Season 8 was/felt so rushed, they wanted to finish the thing asap and essentially threw any character development and character elaboration out of the window. Therefore I don't see how anybody should win anything for "good acting" in season 8. Earlier seasons on the other hand had so much more time and were so much deeper and we saw some brilliant and prize-worthy acting (both main and supporting cast).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Forever Alone and the old rage faces, as well as Ridiculously Photogenic Guy had surprising staying power apparently. I have no idea how Photogenic Guy had any legs to begin with. That should have been over in a weekend.

Wojak has essentially replaced rage faces for the new generation.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

So many of the "heroes" in that show just weren't well played at all. The well played villains were what drove that show to its heights. Charles Dance FTW. That off the top of my head was one of my favorite performances. Thought he was masterful as Tywin Lannister. His looks and his presence at times made me feel like I was watching Christopher Lee again as Count Dooku and Saruman again. He had his moments where I was thinking "This guy is a self aware OG and knows it and has done it better and longer than anyone else"

I'll give HM to Jack Gleeson. Given how despicable the character was I think anyone could've hated Joffrey, but if you can sometimes make me forget I'm watching a show you did just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad