News Article: Lightning to honor Vinny on October 18

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/lightning-to-welcome-vinny-lecavalier-home-on-oct-18/c-282116976

TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Lightning today announced that the team would welcome home former captain Vincent Lecavalier on October 18, 2016 during the team's game against the Florida Panthers at AMALIE Arena. Lecavalier, who played 14 seasons in Tampa Bay after being chosen first overall by the club in the 1998 National Hockey League Entry Draft, retired from professional hockey after playing the 2016-17 season with the Philadelphia Flyers and the Los Angeles Kings. He and his family have since returned to live in Tampa Bay.

Don't know if that means we're retiring his jersey or something else, but love it!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
pretty cool most likely his jersey gets raised to the rafters on october 18th first lightning player ever to hit the rafters.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

:D so happy

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/lightning-to-honor-lecavalier-on-oct-18/2295163
Lecavalier said he will take a year off from the game to be a dad. He hasn't spoken with the Lightning about having a role in the organization, though he's willing. "I'm sure we'll do plenty with him in the years ahead," owner Jeff Vinik said at Fan Fest.

Lecavalier's former Lightning teammate C Brad Richards also retired after last season, and RW Marty St. Louis the year before. It wouldn't be surprising to see the Lightning honor Richards this season. St. Louis will likely get a night at some point.

"We are greatly aware and appreciative of the contributions made by Vinny and the other retired players in our history," Lightning VP Bill Wickett said. "We look forward to recognizing each of them appropriately and at the right time."

Last edited:

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I think one of the coolest things we have done was the tribute to Brad Richards for his first game back here after he went to Dallas. It was done to Ozzy Osbourne's Mama I'm Coming home

I think that would be a cool theme to continue with the tribute to former Lightning players as they come back home. This is becoming quite the theme with the Alumni! Have to think all of what Vinik is doing to Tampa also plays a factor. It's a great time to be a Bolt Fan!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad