LeBrun: Lightning talking to Tyler Johnson about waiving his NTC

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Actually I take solace in the fact that i don't have covid running rampant in my country.
y65VJXO.jpg

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Not if we also trade Killorn, which is still our most likely candidate to move.

I thought I saw a projection where even if we move Killorn/Johnson we're still tight up against the cap? It might have included conservative estimates on the RFA contracts though.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Sad to say, but Khaira makes too much money for us to take on. :laugh: We need our 4th liners making less than $1M.
Yeah there's no way JBB turns that down if it's real, which I highly doubt it is. $1.2 vs $5. Khaira would be a good replacement for Maroon. If that deal is on the table you take it and work the details later.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
With Toffoli gone (ugh) and Benning's long, illustrious history of over paying UFAs, what have we decided is the cost of Johnson if we go the trade route?

Miller worked out very, very well for us, all things considered, and if all of our big three walk on us, we have plenty of cap space.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
With Toffoli gone (ugh) and Benning's long, illustrious history of over paying UFAs, what have we decided is the cost of Johnson if we go the trade route?

Miller worked out very, very well for us, all things considered, and if all of our big three walk on us, we have plenty of cap space.
throw us a second next year and its done.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Well that was easy, and pretty agreeable, I'm assuming his stat line dropping a little was deployment and the shortened year.
All to do with deployment. Pretty similar to Miller when we made the trade. Difference is obviously size and age. But everything else, almost identical.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
All to do with deployment. Pretty similar to Miller when we made the trade. Difference is obviously size and age. But everything else, almost identical.

Size doesn't seem to be a huge deal, based on his play and production, but age was a little more of a red flag. He's still got some good years on him though, and worst case scenario, having an offensive 3C and using Gaudette as a winger in the top six isn't a horrible cost (not that I see that happening with Toffoli walking, and likely losing Pearson next season).

I'd try talking down the value to a 3rd+prospect or something under normal circumstances...but I just don't want a pair of 6 million dollar contracts for a dedicated bottom six and bottom pairing players. The cap space is much better to be used on Johnson, if we fail in retaining our UFAs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The fact that we moved next year's 2nd instead of this year's makes me think we have already moved it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->