Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Zach Bogosian | 1 year, $1.3M

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
want to add think all of you and buffalo are underating this man i think we picked up a winner plain and simple sometimes it happenes.... i do see him as legit top four player if healthy that is my only question is he healthy with what we have to play with him he will be more then fine

man buffalo sure think he sucks lol

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Depth, size, and grit. Not much to hate here 300,00k well spent. He has everything to prove and nothing to lose here.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cernak is only day-to-day, per Smith. Seems like McDonagh is the main injury.

I don't think anybody but JBB really knows what the game plan is for today. Maybe just kick some tires?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I’m going to play devils advocate and say I’m extremely pleased with this signing. It’s short (this year only), it’s cheap (no assets lost), it’s for a position of weakness for us (RD), and he’s coming from a bad team so there’s an element of potential surprise ability. Why be good on a bad team? It’s like tuco tells us “if you have to work for a living, why do you kill yourself working? [in Buffalo]”

shall we all have a congratulatory bud light lime?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'm guessing we'll take it game by game. He'll have to earn it. Or at least I hope he will.

Of course they can but why would they. I am still not understanding this at all. Sure sure it cost nothing but money at this point. The first article I read was misinformitive to me that indicated that he was signed thru next year. Now that I was corrected from that can people just look at Bogo's book of work? For those who have not watched him over the last couple years focus on the number of games the guy has played each year. He has been hurt most every year and had hip surgery late last year. For those who have had a chance to see him play games other than against the Bolts you can not deny how slow he has gotten from all these injuries piling up. This has placed him out of position and a liability he has been a - player 8 of his 12 seasons in the league and is -87 for his career. He is a big body that will throw hits when he can get to a player. Would it be great if he could play you bet but all he will be doing is occupying a contract. Another thing that suprises me was the number of teams interested in signing him. Its like no one has watched the guy play. He is a scoring blackhole 636 games 53 goals 141 assts now that would be offset if he could actually play defense, he can't.

I bet there are those out there thinking Bogo included if he can show a little something he could sign to replace Shattenkirk for next year. Well it will not take long for that myth to be disproven.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Inb4
Hedman - Bog
McD - Cernak
Serg - Shatty

As our playoff line. (I expect McD back for playoffs)

rutta is a god no way cooper will bench him he will be with hedman game one!

hedman, Rutta
Mcdonagh, cernak
Sergachev, shattenkirk

coburn- press box
Bogosian- press box

Schenn - AHL

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Of course they can but why would they. I am still not understanding this at all. Sure sure it cost nothing but money at this point. The first article I read was misinformitive to me that indicated that he was signed thru next year. Now that I was corrected from that can people just look at Bogo's book of work? For those who have not watched him over the last couple years focus on the number of games the guy has played each year. He has been hurt most every year and had hip surgery late last year. For those who have had a chance to see him play games other than against the Bolts you can not deny how slow he has gotten from all these injuries piling up. This has placed him out of position and a liability he has been a - player 8 of his 12 seasons in the league and is -87 for his career. He is a big body that will throw hits when he can get to a player. Would it be great if he could play you bet but all he will be doing is occupying a contract. Another thing that suprises me was the number of teams interested in signing him. Its like no one has watched the guy play. He is a scoring blackhole 636 games 53 goals 141 assts now that would be offset if he could actually play defense, he can't.

I bet there are those out there thinking Bogo included if he can show a little something he could sign to replace Shattenkirk for next year. Well it will not take long for that myth to be disproven.

I think people were watching him play, but understood that he was in a terrible place mentally, wanting out of Buffalo.

Nobody's claiming he's much more than a warm body, but with a little bit of an upside. If he never plays an NHL game for us, we lose literally nothing except a few dollars that aren't going to matter. It's like a free scratch ticket. Sure, you're probably not gonna win, but what's the harm in scratching anyway?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I think people were watching him play, but understood that he was in a terrible place mentally, wanting out of Buffalo.

Nobody's claiming he's much more than a warm body, but with a little bit of an upside. If he never plays an NHL game for us, we lose literally nothing except a few dollars that aren't going to matter. It's like a free scratch ticket. Sure, you're probably not gonna win, but what's the harm in scratching anyway?
He cost more than 300K he cost us our last contract. If any moves are made today to address the 3rd line wing situation they will have to move a contract not a pick. Now if that's Joseph im fine with that but any of the other guys including those we have in the pipeline im not ready to give up. I like Verhaggee and Stephens as much as anyone but they have gotten there time in the regular season we need another guy added with the Coleman add to solidify that 3rd line then next year we could work Verhagee and Stephens into the post season mix. We are going for a championship that is not the time to rely on the rookies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He cost more than 300K he cost us our last contract. If any moves are made today to address the 3rd line wing situation they will have to move a contract not a pick. Now if that's Joseph im fine with that but any of the other guys including those we have in the pipeline im not ready to give up. I like Verhaggee and Stephens as much as anyone but they have gotten there time in the regular season we need another guy added with the Coleman add to solidify that 3rd line then next year we could work Verhagee and Stephens into the post season mix. We are going for a championship that is not the time to rely on the rookies.

...You're ready to give up on Joseph, but not, like, Dennis Yan?

Reactions: Zwui21 and JoVel

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Coming in peace... you'll enjoy his physicality. He'll hit everything, especially at the beginning. He is one of the toughest players in the league and guys know it. He's mostly clean about it. Zach will look to get involved offensively and may surprise you from time to time, but not consistently.

Defensive positioning is ok. For the most part, his entire game is physicality so with a strong team D, he'll be ok. When he wants to, he won't let anyone cross the blue line without punishing them, which is limited to his average skating.

Below average first pass and generally won't try to lumber the puck out himself, so he'll need puck support in the D zone. It was time to move on. Should be a good playoff performer.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He might be a little better, but I’d say they are closer to equal.

Hey if he gives us some depth and plays well when hes in, for free. Cant complain. If he sucks and sits, no issues there either. If he sucks and has to play then maybe there is a problem. I feel like we would just play a younger player to have him get experience then. So he sits anyways. Feels like we are just testing him out so other teams cant and if he works out great. If not no big deal.

Reactions: J T Money

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ranger fans also thought Girardi was the worst player in the league.

And we told everyone Namesnitkov sucks, doesn't mean every fanbase is wrong. Rangers fans just had it out for Girardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad