Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign RD Kevin Shattenkirk | 1 year, $1.75M

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Why should we take Sergachev off the PP in favor of Shattenkirk? Sergachev got 1 minute less last year and had 1 less point. The year before in less PP time on ice he had more PP points. Sergachev needs more PP time not less. Shattenkirk isn't very good on the PP more, he isn't very good in general. He can still skate with the puck and make a pass but Sergachev does both of those things better. Even with Sergachevs struggles defensively he's better than Shattenkirk there too. Shattenkirk isn't even better than Coburn at this point, he can rebound and be but going off of last year Shattenkirk is barely our 6th best, Schenn had a very strong finish to the year. I don't expect much from Shattenkirk and hope he doesn't take top 4 minutes from anyone.
Over the course of an 82 game season, who belongs where will work itself out. Trying to slot people now or make pronouncements about it is pointless.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Shattenkirk went to a team that can increase his value for free agency next summer and he probably will because I think he will put up 40 to 45 points

What are you smoking? The highest ES points he has put up in a season is 22. So unless Hedman misses the whole year and Sergachev is playing in Syracuse he'll be lucky to crack 25. McDonagh is ten times the player he is and had just 46 points, there's no way Shattenkirk is getting close to that number.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Would have rather re-signed Stralman instead of Coburn now that Shattenkirk has come over. I like this better than playing Sergachev on his off side again.

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Stralman

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Shattenkirk went to a team that can increase his value for free agency next summer and he probably will because I think he will put up 40 to 45 points
If he puts up 30-35 points playing 14 minutes a night, that would be a boon. 40-45 with the limited minutes (he should) might be playing, seems too far out of reach.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he puts up 30-35 points playing 14 minutes a night, that would be a boon. 40-45 with the limited minutes (he should) might be playing, seems too far out of reach.

I think it's more likely to be in the low to mid 20s. But that's gonna be pretty good for his role.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Would have rather re-signed Stralman instead of Coburn now that Shattenkirk has come over. I like this better than playing Sergachev on his off side again.

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Stralman
Stralman did not play well last year and his game has slipped considerably and at 33 years old, that is just as much a concern as his injuries. He signed a contract for over $5 million a year for 3 years with Panthers- there is no way he is on the Bolts replacing Coburn since Coburn signed for less than $2 mil for this year! Shattenkirk is a veteran but he is only 30 years old. I am much more confident of him regaining form and overcoming his injuries just because he is 3 years younger!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Stralman

Bolts probably would have too if it cost the same. Stralman is going to make over 5m per, Coburn will make under 2m, doesn’t cost the same.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think it's more likely to be in the low to mid 20s. But that's gonna be pretty good for his role.

Yeah, 25 seems way more likely. But like I was saying, 30-35 would be way overachieving and boon for us.

Looks like Hose is spiking drinks again.

We scored almost 100 more goals than the Rags last year. Their leading scorer had 74 points, ours had 128 points. Their third leading scorer had 42 points ours had 92 points. The previous year the difference was even greater, but pre-injury Shattenkirk was still at half a point per game.

Johnson, righty shot. Stamkos, righty shot. Point, righty shot. All are going to benefit from finally getting the long missing offensive minded Righty D.

Even one dimensional Coburn who can't generate any offense on his own and is deployed mostly in the defensive zone had 23 points last year.

You guys are being way too modest, Shattenkirk is going put up ridiculous numbers here. There is a reason why we were heavily in the mix for this guy. He knows it too, he left money on the table because of it. 40 points I think is a conservative number.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I saw the deal and thought, “finally.” It was tiring being “in the mix” for so many good players and getting let down. So I was excited for this.

Now you guys are making me significantly less excited. Hope some of you are wrong and Shat (don’t know his nickname but laugh to myself when I call him that) exceeds expectations.

Edit: just noticed he has both Shat and kirk in his name

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I saw the deal and thought, “finally.” It was tiring being “in the mix” for so many good players and getting let down. So I was excited for this.

Now you guys are making me significantly less excited. Hope some of you are wrong and Shat (don’t know his nickname but laugh to myself when I call him that) exceeds expectations.
Don't let the downers get to you. Just wait for the season to start. :)

Reactions: berlin

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
League needs to step in all these big name UFAs we bring in on the regular.

It's an excuse bad management uses to justify why they're terrible. New York has high taxes and brings in UFAs on the regular. Toronto signed Mogilny and Tavares more recently. If TB wanted to sign a UFA, they would. Reason why is because its a top notch organisation, a top notch city and and ownership and they have a plan. If taxes really were an issue, Carolina, Pheonix and Florida would get all the big names.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

We scored almost 100 more goals than the Rags last year. Their leading scorer had 74 points, ours had 128 points. Their third leading scorer had 42 points ours had 92 points. The previous year the difference was even greater, but pre-injury Shattenkirk was still at half a point per game.

Johnson, righty shot. Stamkos, righty shot. Point, righty shot. All are going to benefit from finally getting the long missing offensive minded Righty D.

Even one dimensional Coburn who can't generate any offense on his own and is deployed mostly in the defensive zone had 23 points last year.

You guys are being way too modest, Shattenkirk is going put up ridiculous numbers here. There is a reason why we were heavily in the mix for this guy. He knows it too, he left money on the table because of it. 40 points I think is a conservative number.
It's a lack of PP time that'll hurt him.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

The idea right now is that he won't get much PP time or ES time in comparison to his other years. If he gets moved up the roster, sure, but like I was saying 25 seems reasonable, 30-35 depending if he moves into the top 4. 40+ only if he gets PP1 time.

Reactions: DFC

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

The last five seasons he has missed 83 games, so I don't expect him to play the full season. Over those five seasons 97 of his 195 points have come on the PP, 21 of his 42 goals were on the PP. Sure we had a ridiculous top 3 scorers but we only had 15 guys with 20 or more points, the same amount as the Rangers. Hedman only had 28 ES points last year. How can you see Shattenkirk putting up ridiculous numbers if he isn't getting prime PP time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->