Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Maxim Cajkovic to a 3 year ELC

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Cajkovic's rights were due to expire June 1st, so TB had a decision to make.

Quinn Schmiemann is also up 6/1, and Kris Oldham's expires August 15th.

At this point, I'd be surprised if TB pursues Oldham. There's something there, but inconsistency as a goalie is a career killer.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Cajkovic's rights were due to expire June 1st, so TB had a decision to make.

Quinn Schmiemann is also up 6/1, and Kris Oldham's expires August 15th.

At this point, I'd be surprised if TB pursues Oldham. There's something there, but inconsistency as a goalie is a career killer.

If he gets his attitude issues figured out, Cajkovic could be useful bottom 6 contributor on scoring line. But that’s a long shot tbh

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
If he gets his attitude issues figured out, Cajkovic could be useful bottom 6 contributor on scoring line. But that’s a long shot tbh

Looked like a long shot on the ice too back in October/November. Has he improved so much in six months?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Looked like a long shot on the ice too back in October/November. Has he improved so much in six months?
He’s looked good in the Q this year but he’s gotta add quite a bit of weight if he wants to contribute in the NHL. He’s certainly got the individual skill but I’d say he may end up needing 2 years in the AHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Kid’s a lefty. Right on!

He shoots right handed though.

Has really good offensive skills, high end shot and speed. If he can focus on just playing the game he could be another good one for us. Will be much needed in Syracuse next year with the potential departures they might have.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
He shoots right handed though.

Has really good offensive skills, high end shot and speed. If he can focus on just playing the game he could be another good one for us. Will be much needed in Syracuse next year with the potential departures they might have.
Not if you don't know your right from your left.
QDYNC3m.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I haven't been keepin up with it, but the QMJHL playoffs are still going on. Val-d'Or and Cajkovic are waiting for Victoriaville and Charlottetown to finish their series and will play the winner in the Finals. Val-d'Or, who was the #1 team in the regular season, have won all their playoff games so far.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Has some potential but i think hes gonna be just like Drouin with the attitude issues. hopefully he can at least bump up his trade value and be added as a trade chip to move out Johnson

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Has some potential but i think hes gonna be just like Drouin with the attitude issues. hopefully he can at least bump up his trade value and be added as a trade chip to move out Johnson

His attitude issues are more like Kucherov than they are Drouin. He's a hot head not a prima donna, so he'll lose his temper and take a stupid penalty not pout if he's not playing.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Context...
He was scratched several times when he was on Saint John’s for attitude issues. He showed bad attitude in Bratislava Capitals organization. Game to game, you will see him sulking around if his team is losing. And finally he was kicked off the Slovak u20 team for the WJC because of a cheap shot hit he threw at another Slovak player during the team training camp exhibition game because his team was losing and he was being shut down offensively (the player he hit went to the hospital and couldn’t go to the WJC cause of it). He did that despite the fact that we greatly needed him at the tournament as he would be one of our only drafted forwards and relied on heavily.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad