Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Matt Spencer to a three-year, ELC

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
I hope this means syracuse gets its own brand new defensive pairing of Spencer and MašÃ­n. Does anyone know if they've played together in OHL?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I hope this means syracuse gets its own brand new defensive pairing of Spencer and Mašín. Does anyone know if they've played together in OHL?

Spencer still has another year left in the CHL, his deal kicks in when Dotchin expires so assume he takes his spot. Needs to have a better +2 season as last year he didn't show a lot of growth. He and Masin were paired together most of the year so they have chemistry but expect Masin to be on the top pair and Spencer the bottom in 2 years so won't play together.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Just woke up, thought i saw " Matt carle signs three year contract." Glad my glasses weren't on.:laugh:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This kid is one to watch for. In 3-4 years he is going to be an NHL defenseman. He has all the tools. Just want to see him develop them. We have a great pipeline of young defensemen right now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This kid is one to watch for. In 3-4 years he is going to be an NHL defenseman. He has all the tools. Just want to see him develop them. We have a great pipeline of young defensemen right now.

Do you prefer him or Blujus going forward? He's years behind Blujus in development but they're similar players. Blujus has more offense with the big shot, Spencer more defensively sound and more physical. I like Blujus more, think he can be a Boychuk type player if he improves his decision making, need to see more of Spencer to see how he projects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad