Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Libor Hajek to 3-year ELC

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No. Don't think so. I'd say his "ceiling" is as a 2nd pairing guy.

Eh - I could see him as a solid #2 beside a #1. It depends on how you define it, I suppose, but he could certainly be the Methot to someone's Karlsson, for instance.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I hate ceiling/floor assessements of prospects. Pretty sure nobody put a ceiling on St.Louis as a potential hall of famer or the floor for Daigle as out of the NHL before age 30. Comparisons are better, but still fall short.

Instead, I really wish there were a public tangible scale for tools like what baseball prospectus puts out. Skating, shot, passing, physicality, hockey IQ etc. are all tools that would be nice to glance over and fun to analyze.

Maybe there is something like that out there behind a pay wall, but I've never seen it. Definitely a niche market there if an ex-scout wants to run the service.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://boltprospects.com/content/hajek-makes-pro-debut-crunchs-loss-penguins
“Libor was good. I like the way he skated,” Crunch head coach Benoit Groulx said. “Tough night for him. It’s tough to start your career in a game like this. Overall, I thought he did some good things.”
“It’s a big jump. It’s way faster, quicker, smarter,” the Smrcek, Czech Republic native said. “But the coaches help a lot. They showed me before the game tactics, so I know what to do. It’s just hockey. Everywhere is the same, it’s just faster and quicker, and the guys helped me out a lot.”

Crunch faced the Pens, the top team in the AHL. Koekkoek was just sent back down, but that's probaby just for the weekend as Syracuse has a game Saturday and Sunday.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Syracuse had 3 games in a row?

Yeah, it's pretty common for AHL teams to play weekend sets of Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm assuming it's because it's difficult to draw a crowd for an AHL game on a work/school night.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Libor Hajek traded from Saskatoon Blades to Regina Pats.

I looked and they are tied in the standings. I read that because Regina is hosting the Memorial Cup they automatically make the tournament. Guess that's maybe why they are more "buyers" at this deadline and Saskatoon was willing to trade Hajek.

Anyone who can evaluate if this is good for Libor Hajek and his development or not? Or does it really matter?

I've been having fun follow our prospects more this year and it's pretty cool to see how well many of them are doing. It's nice having a solid pipeline! Thank you Yzerman, Murray and staff!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Libor Hajek traded from Saskatoon Blades to Regina Pats.

I looked and they are tied in the standings. I read that because Regina is hosting the Memorial Cup they automatically make the tournament. Guess that's maybe why they are more "buyers" at this deadline and Saskatoon was willing to trade Hajek.

Anyone who can evaluate if this is good for Libor Hajek and his development or not? Or does it really matter?

I've been having fun follow our prospects more this year and it's pretty cool to see how well many of them are doing. It's nice having a solid pipeline! Thank you Yzerman, Murray and staff!

It depends on how they utilize him. He was the man in Saskatoon getting a ton of ice time in all situations, if he does that in Regina then it's a good move as playing in the Memorial Cup is a great showcase. He won't be getting a shot with Syracuse at the end of the year though and he would probably get plenty of games too. He'll be back for the playoffs so he could still help them.

Regina looks like a pretty weak Memorial Cup host right now. Hajek will help as the defense is pretty weak outside of Mahura. They have Sam Steel but he's not the same as he was last year, he needs another top forward but Hajek could help him on the PP. I think Regina will get out of the 1st but lose in the 2nd so he'll get more playoff games than Saskatoon who looked like a 1st round exit team. Don't see Regina being a threat to win the Cup especially if expected top teams like SSM or Moose Jaw make it.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Assuming that Hedman is and Sergachev project as #1 type defenseman and Stralman is a #2 type defenseman, I would put Hajek as a #2 D projection. Ideally this makes them a second pairing. However, as we have seen with Dotchin, just because you line up next to Hedman does not make you a top pair defenseman!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would peg Hajek as a #3, like a young Coburn when he could put up 20+ points while being strong in his own end. Not as big or physical but has the good skating ability. With the players ahead of him on the left he won't get the PP time to really put up points so would be used in a more defensive role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->