Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign D Dan Girardi (2 years, $3M AAV)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's not a contract we'll be in trouble with but after clearing all that cap space this has been very very disappointing so far. Well, there's still time left.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My take is Foote needs 2 years before he's ready, this bridges the gap till then. It also probably means Sergachev is in junior next year or brought along real slowly and has to beat out Koekkoek and Sustr for ice time. If he outplays both we look to move them for something during the year.

Our top 4 should be Hedman - Dotchin, Coburn - Stralman both those units have really good advanced stats when together. The bottom pair is a mix of the other 4 guys, nothing wrong with depth and competition.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The biggest thing is I just don't understand this. All things aside, Girardi seems like a terrible fit for what we want to do and how we want to play. Why not go after other UFA dmen if Yzerman was set on adding to our depth. His greatest asset is his leadership and he'll be a great lockerroom guy, those are always invaluable, but still what he can contribute on ice... eh idk. Hopefully he proves me wrong, I just don't see this working out well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Does anyone not affiliated with the team like this deal?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
We gave Brian Boyle's money to Dan Girardi. Why the **** Stevie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad