Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Alex Barré-Boulet to a 3yr ELC

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fantastic news. I can't say I've seen any footage on the kid but I trust our staff enough to think that we've probably got another good one like a Gourde, JAM and Johnson. I've always said about junior players that they don't score that many points by accident.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ha they said it would happen in March. Did SY strike again with a late bloomer?

Probably. I won't be shocked if in 2 years he turns into a 20/20. Again I've diddly on the kid but that would be the least surprising thing that's ever happened to us. I think I'd actually be more surprised if Boulet DIDN'T pan out

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Probably. I won't be shocked if in 2 years he turns into a 20/20. Again I've diddly on the kid but that would be the least surprising thing that's ever happened to us. I think I'd actually be more surprised if Boulet DIDN'T pan out

Will be interesting to see how he does in Syracuse.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Well, why not. We’ve had pretty good luck with the other two Jean Béliveau Trophy winners (Q scoring title) that we signed: Yanni Gourde and Brad Richards.

Reactions: DaBolts

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What I like best about him is that he isn't someone that just broke out his 20 year old season. He put up 20g 50p as a 17 year old and has been well over ppg ever year since. He isn't overly great at any one thing in particular, his skills are above average but nothing screams NHL quality yet. Not sure he plays center next year as I see Dumont, Cirelli, Verhaeghe, Stephens and Sommpi as our centers. He can play wing but we are pretty good there and have Katchouk and Raddysh making the jump. Will be competing with Tammela and Yan for ice time and might see some ECHL time to start. I see a good AHL player just not sure he will make it to the NHL, at least not yet, he will definitely need 4 or 5 years more development.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
How do the Habs lose on a kid like this? It’s insane to me that he signs with Tampa and not the local team.
Local team or not... I don't know why anyone would rather sign with the Habs right now. Actually Tampa is probably a favorable place for small kids like this since we've had so many of them break through to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad