Recalled/Assigned: Lightning send down Matt Peca to Syracuse

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Excited to see what peca can do, bournival is kinda useless.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I thought Peca looked really good. Bournival looked fine, but outside of his partial break in the first he was kind of invisible.

Peca got some PK time which I think bodes well for him.

Edit: Looks like they changed the scoring on Gourde's goal to unassisted. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

Peca sent back down to Crunch in addition to Dumont. Syracuse getting some reinforcements.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Peca should be up here, wtf. 5 points and a +6 in 10 games to Paquette's 4 points -3 in 40 games while being twice as broken.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Peca should be up here, wtf. 5 points and a +6 in 10 games to Paquette's 4 points -3 in 40 games while being twice as broken.
I hope Yzerman puts a stop to this love affair between Coop and Paquette by not re-signing him in the summer. The guy can deliver maybe 5 solid games throughout the season while being hurt most of the time but Coop just insist on him playing. I understand wanting to have a defensive center in the lineup but Paquette isn't the guy for the job.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope Yzerman puts a stop to this love affair between Coop and Paquette by not re-signing him in the summer. The guy can deliver maybe 5 solid games throughout the season while being hurt most of the time but Coop just insist on him playing. I understand wanting to have a defensive center in the lineup but Paquette isn't the guy for the job.
Some coaches seem to have a guy they love for an unknown reason and for Coop it's Paquette. Back in 2014-15 he looked like your ideal 4th liner, he could kill penalties and was good defensively while also having a decent scoring touch. But either that was just a career year for him or all the consistent injuries have broken him down completely. Either way, he's just not good anymore.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Palat is travelling with the team and has already started skating. Lightning will need the roster spot and Paquette requires waivers. We are carrying 2 goalies, 8 defenseman, and will currently have 14 forwards ... when Palat comes back. Not hard to understand the maths.

This is not a Cooper decision. Its a Yzerman decision ... he doesn't want to lose another player to waivers. We need the depth when Paquette injures himself again ... we can bring up Peca as needed.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This is just coming hockey 101 when a prospect doesn't require waivers, they get sent down a lot even if they're better than someone else because of that. Peca is better than Paquette but he's not good enough to demand a spot in the lineup every night. Next year he's waiver eligible, if still on the team he'll be up all year, he may not play everyday though like Koekkoek.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL, We reclaimed Dumont? Seems like we really love this guy.

Not surprised by the Peca news really.

A lot of guys come to the NHL all charged up and look really good for the first few games, but they almost always fade. Peca still looked okay, don't get me wrong, but with Namestnikov looking like he's going to take over the 3C spot, and Palat about to come back, it was gonna be tough for him to find a regular spot, and we don't want to lose somebody to waivers.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Just what the.....unless a major trade is in the works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad