Recalled/Assigned: Lightning recall Vasilevskiy & Tye McGinn | reassign Marchessault & Gudlevskis

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I felt he earned another start and give Vasi just a little more time. Oh well.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I hope to see Gudlevskis in another team. There isn't even a competition for a backup goalie position. Only way to get a call up is when Bishop of Vasilevskiy gets some injury.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope to see Gudlevskis in another team. There isn't even a competition for a backup goalie position. Only way to get a call up is when Bishop of Vasilevskiy gets some injury.

I'd like to see us rotate Vasy and Gud. This latest move, the timing of it, suggests that won't happen. It sucks for Vasy more than Gud though. Gud will actually get to play games.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I'd like to see us rotate Vasy and Gud. This latest move, the timing of it, suggests that won't happen. It sucks for Vasy more than Gud though. Gud will actually get to play games.

They've said that Vasy and Bishop will be in a tandem for the rest of the season. Going as far as to acknowledge that Bishop shouldn't play 60 games this season and Vasy needs more starts for development.

The 3 goalie situation in Syracuse can't last. Claiming Poulin really gummed up the works. Someone is going to be moved, even if it's just sending Wilcox to the ECHL for starts. I wouldn't be shocked, however, to see Gudlevskis traded. It's pretty clear the organization has no faith in him or there is some issue there with personality or something that we don't know. Even after a good start to the season (2 wins in SYR and a strong performance in CHI) they wouldn't give him another NHL start, opting to rush Vasy back to Carolina for today's game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They've said that Vasy and Bishop will be in a tandem for the rest of the season. Going as far as to acknowledge that Bishop shouldn't play 60 games this season and Vasy needs more starts for development.

The 3 goalie situation in Syracuse can't last. Claiming Poulin really gummed up the works. Someone is going to be moved, even if it's just sending Wilcox to the ECHL for starts. I wouldn't be shocked, however, to see Gudlevskis traded. It's pretty clear the organization has no faith in him or there is some issue there with personality or something that we don't know. Even after a good start to the season (2 wins in SYR and a strong performance in CHI) they wouldn't give him another NHL start, opting to rush Vasy back to Carolina for today's game.

I'll have to see that before I believe it. It goes against everything we know about Coop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad