Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Ryan Callahan (6 years, $5.8m AAV, partial NTC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I really like that they made that into an article on NHL.com, it’s just a great way to acknowledge Cally as the well-liked and respected player that he is around the league.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really like that they made that into an article on NHL.com, it’s just a great way to acknowledge Cally as the well-liked and respected player that he is around the league.

Did you see this clip, Brie..

This was one clip that really touched a lot of Ranger fans hearts...

No, it was not the part where Brandon Prust was offering Cally a body rub. lol.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's really cool that Callahan resigned before the FA period started. That showed me how much this organization wowed him. Everybody was so sure he would get way over paid on the open market and wouldn't resign here. At least people on the main board thought this. It's even cooler that he inspired Stralman and Boyle to sign here.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
It's really cool that Callahan resigned before the FA period started. That showed me how much this organization wowed him. Everybody was so sure he would get way over paid on the open market and wouldn't resign here. At least people on the main board thought this. It's even cooler that he inspired Stralman and Boyle to sign here.

I am sure he knew there was no better offer available when he signed. Buffalo did fine without him

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Did you see this clip, Brie..

This was one clip that really touched a lot of Ranger fans hearts...

No, it was not the part where Brandon Prust was offering Cally a body rub. lol.

I just loved that part and all parts with Cally in them because they really showed what a great guy and teammate he is. And I did love Prust there, really funny.

I am sure he knew there was no better offer available when he signed. Buffalo did fine without him

He signed the contract before FA even started so he never even attempted to look around on the market but seeing as he was one of the top UFA’s this year (seeing as he was pretty much the only one who brings what he brings) it’s safe to say that there defiantly would have been a bidding war over him but between how many teams it’s hard to know but there would defiantly been several off them.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I just loved that part and all parts with Cally in them because they really showed what a great guy and teammate he is. And I did love Prust there, really funny.

He signed the contract before FA even started so he never even attempted to look around on the market but seeing as he was one of the top UFA’s this year (seeing as he was pretty much the only one who brings what he brings) it’s safe to say that there defiantly would have been a bidding war over him but between how many teams it’s hard to know but there would defiantly been several off them.

He had the 1 week free-agent interview period before he signed. He got close to top dollar.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/263862641.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad