Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Ryan Callahan (6 years, $5.8m AAV, partial NTC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not a bad lineup at all!!!:yo:
is it October yet???:hockey:

I can't wait! Have Nov 17th on my Calendar, will be going to the NHL store tomorrow to get some Lightning gear.

Kind of sad seeing the Callahan and Richards Ranger stuff in the bargain bin at my local sports store, but it's a new day, new era. Time to move on to something bigger and better!!!

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Did Cally continue to coast every night after the trade? He was obviously playing not to get hurt while on the Rangers this past season, and his "intangibles" everyone praises were missing the whole season. Add that to his ridiculous demands for his new contract, and not too many Rangers fans are missing him...

I can see from his stats he had ANOTHER awful playoffs, get used to that...

He actually had a pretty solid playoffs. Didn't help his linemates were all injured. TyJo, Palat, Stammer, the defense, Bishop... ****, everyone got hurt at the worst time.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am glad the Bolts signed him.......I will have to go more then the Ranger games this season.......:handclap:

Yeah I'm very happy, he also earned a lot more respect for taking less money, imo. I plan to go to several games in Tampa, but already have 11/17 at MSG on my calender. Dec 1st going to a Dolphins/Jets game at Metlife stadium so will have to miss that game, but the first game back will be the exciting one. After 8 years with the Rangers being named Captain 3 years ago, it will be his first time back at the Garden in a different sweater.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We're probably going to end up splitting the As again.

I think that is Cally's least concern. He wanted to stay in Tampa for many other reasons, even avoided the temptation of becoming a UFA, that right there should earn a lot of respect than just wearing an "A" or a "C".

I am getting excited for next season, and glad the Jersey I bought in March will not go to waste. I just felt in my gut he was going to re-sign here.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think that is Cally's least concern. He wanted to stay in Tampa for many other reasons, even avoided the temptation of becoming a UFA, that right there should earn a lot of respect than just wearing an "A" or a "C".

I am getting excited for next season, and glad the Jersey I bought in March will not go to waste. I just felt in my gut he was going to re-sign here.

I think Thompson wore an A, I want to say at home? Cally should step into that spot. But there's also Hedman to consider. I'm not sure what he's like in the room, but he was a clear-cut leader by example on the ice last year.

I don' know. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't give Cally a letter, just out of respect for the guys who've been here, but he seems like the kind of guy who doesn't care all that much about a leader, which is usually the way the best leaders are.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Thompson wore an A, I want to say at home? Cally should step into that spot. But there's also Hedman to consider. I'm not sure what he's like in the room, but he was a clear-cut leader by example on the ice last year.

I don' know. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't give Cally a letter, just out of respect for the guys who've been here, but he seems like the kind of guy who doesn't care all that much about a leader, which is usually the way the best leaders are.

Letter or not, he is still going to help lead this team. He leads by example, he is not the most vocal leader but he is more of the do what I do kind of leader. Which is why I think he earned a lot of respect over in NY.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Letter or not, he is still going to help lead this team. He leads by example, he is not the most vocal leader but he is more of the do what I do kind of leader. Which is why I think he earned a lot of respect over in NY.

I really think that was the major reason he got the contract. If Yzerman anticipated the moves made afterward at all, he knew leadership would be a huge necessity. We have a boatload of rookies/sophomores and a 24 year-old captain. That's also a big reason why I'd like Iginla. Kids need to learn how to be a pro from an actual pro, so you want to pepper class-acts among them.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really think that was the major reason he got the contract. If Yzerman anticipated the moves made afterward at all, he knew leadership would be a huge necessity. We have a boatload of rookies/sophomores and a 24 year-old captain. That's also a big reason why I'd like Iginla. Kids need to learn how to be a pro from an actual pro, so you want to pepper class-acts among them.

Some people on the HF boards think leadership is overrated.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow Dave Bolland got 5.5 Million from Florida. Whoever complains about Callahan's contract really needs to get a hobby.

Tampa got a steal for Callahan, and FA is far from over.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I’ve been lurking a bit around this board and I just wanted to stop by and say how happy I was to see that Cally re-signed with TB, the smile on his face during the time he was there says all about how comfortable he was on that team and how well he was treated by everyone.

And I can also say this, even if Cally never have another point again (and he will) if he can bring 6 years of things like this it will be all worth it:

Trust me, there was a reason why Lundquist was the most vocal one in hoping that he would stay with the Rangers.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I’ve been lurking a bit around this board and I just wanted to stop by and say how happy I was to see that Cally re-signed with TB, the smile on his face during the time he was there says all about how comfortable he was on that team and how well he was treated by everyone.

And I can also say this, even if Cally never have another point again (and he will) if he can bring 6 years of things like this it will be all worth it:

Trust me, there was a reason why Lundquist was the most vocal one in hoping that he would stay with the Rangers.

welcome to the board brie!!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
welcome to the board brie!!

Thank you. I’m still relatively new to NHL hockey (since the game air in the middle of the night here I wasn’t able ti watch many when I was younger) but especially this past season I had the ability to watch more games and loved it. I watched quite a few Bolts games because I just really enjoyed watching Stammer play and then I watched some Rangers games because I wanted to see more of Lundquist but there was just something about the way Callahan played that really stood out to me so while I was as shocked as most were about the trade it made it easier to just root for one team and I’ve grown really found of the Bolts in their last 24 games and I’m now I’m really excited to follow them for the whole next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->