Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign RD Jan Rutta (1 year, $1.3M cap hit, one-way)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah I don’t see the issue. He’s a big bodied RD who’ll eat bottom pairing minutes (unless Serg craps the bed). He’s clearly paid as such.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I saw him play solidly leading up to the playoffs. Is why I think Cooper was comfortable with scratching Coburn twice. Yes, he was not good in the playoffs and scratching Coburn in favor of him was likely a big mistake. However, I saw enough good out of him leading up to the playoffs that at that number, I think it's a good deal for the team.

Not quite a big splash of a change that everyone was looking for but it's still too early in the off-season for them to be able to do that yet. Be patient - it's coming.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
He needs to improve on his playoff performance. Bigger issue, can the team even stomach another 82 game run?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Oof. We've had a few then
Your team is well built well managed I am sorry about your luck as Tamp is in my sub categories of teams I like to see do well. You guys are way way better then a one hit wonder was all I wanted to point out. Should really be proud regardless of feeling disappointed in your team. I am you really could have San Jose luck for the last decade lol.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Your team is well built well managed I am sorry about your luck as Tamp is in my sub categories of teams I like to see do well. You guys are way way better then a one hit wonder was all I wanted to point out. Should really be proud regardless of feeling disappointed in your team. I am you really could have San Jose luck for the last decade lol.
It really does feel like Tampa is cursed. We always have big injuries year after year and they have really hurt us in the playoffs. Team just can seem to win the big one.

Big historical season!?!? Swept in the first round by the 8th seed. This is what people will remember about the 62 win season more than anything

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It really does feel like Tampa is cursed. We always have big injuries year after year and they have really hurt us in the playoffs. Team just can seem to win the big one.

Big historical season!?!? Swept in the first round by the 8th seed. This is what people will remember about the 62 win season more than anything
Seems to always happen with Big Seasons in Football alot I know 17 games isnt much. I Am pretty sure Edmonton was an 8th and went to the finals. That's just what I thought of as I was typing not really going to hit up the googles for more. It is a bit of a blow forsure. Hardly pretenders again though next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad