Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Mikhail Sergachev | 3 years, $4.8M AAV

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Good signing. I figured $4.5m as his minimum number, and up to $5.5m if we couldn't get any kind of discount.

Would've like a little more term, but we did what we had to do to get him for as reasonable a price as possible.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Young, budding (potential) star with a very reasonable cap hit but getting his $ later when hopefully the world is in a better place....

AncientBewitchedBrownbear-max-1mb.gif

Congratulations on yet another nice Contract.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Sergy was obviously the priority of the 3, Cirelli at a close 2nd. Future #1Dmen are rare, but #2, two-way Centers are a luxury. Really get the feeling we roll with Stammer at 2C and Cirellis' rights are dealt away, maybe along with Johnson
What kind of return from the Red Wings does that look like, in your mind?

Congrats on Serg. contract!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Decent deal, he hasn't really done anything to deserve 5m anyways.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He was in the must retain category, as is Cernek IMO given the organizations ability to develop forwards, but not defensemen.

very interested to see how he slots in for 2021. Pair with Heddy or more of a rotation between the top 4 and 3rd pairing? While we have McDonagh I prefer to spread the minutes out more evenly during the regular season, allowing the left side to anchor all three pairings. But give Serge enough time to develop more chemistry paired with Heddy or McDonagh so the top 4 can anchor the playoff run.

I think McDonagh is exposed to Seattle, slotting Serge into the top 4 in 2022 on a long term basis. Obviously that would be a loss but help significantly with the cap.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He was in the must retain category, as is Cernek IMO given the organizations ability to develop forwards, but not defensemen.

very interested to see how he slots in for 2021. Pair with Heddy or more of a rotation between the top 4 and 3rd pairing? While we have McDonagh I prefer to spread the minutes out more evenly during the regular season, allowing the left side to anchor all three pairings. But give Serge enough time to develop more chemistry paired with Heddy or McDonagh so the top 4 can anchor the playoff run.

I think McDonagh is exposed to Seattle, slotting Serge into the top 4 in 2022 on a long term basis. Obviously that would be a loss but help significantly with the cap.

I think if Seattle doesn't take McD we slot Serg into top 4 RD with Heddy and keep McD/Cernak. Although we did see a few shifts of Hedman/Cernak as well.. rotating those top 4 isn't a bad thing. We spread the minutes during the regular season, rightfully so, so that Hedman can play 60 minutes in 5OT. Hedman is the guy we rest up for the playoffs since he's our workhorse.

The question is who do we slot with Foote on the 3rd pair this season. Ideally our future #1 pair is Serg-Foote

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Love this kid’s attitude. Back when most of this forum was down on Serg and comparing his on-ice brainfarts to Drouin’s the one thing I always said distinguished the two of them was that Serg at least cared about improving. Both had the talent but only one had the mindset to become a great player.

Reactions: Hoek

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Luv Serge he can lay a big hit on any top end player, beat up a lot of guys in league, skate with anybody and very good hands and smarts. A tough smart hockey player who can play any kinda game. As I have told you guys he will develop into da top D man in league. He will even be better than Hedman only a matter of learning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad