Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Darren Raddysh | 2 years, $975k AAV

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Raddysh's numbers in his small amount of games was super effective. Great contract for us. Now just get Stammer signed...hopefully for less than his AAV, but we all know that's not going to happen. Wonder if Byrd is going to lose his shit because JBB isn't listening to a single thing he told them.

Reactions: Peacefool

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Raddysh's numbers in his small amount of games was super effective. Great contract for us. Now just get Stammer signed...hopefully for less than his AAV, but we all know that's not going to happen. Wonder if Byrd is going to lose his shit because JBB isn't listening to a single thing he told them.
Stamkos for 7.5x4 or maybe 5 years sounds good, as that gives the team just over 4 million to sign 3 guys, a 3LD, #7D and a 13th F. It gives them.the space to spend a little more than league min on the 3LD(unless De Haan does well and wants to stay) or a 2.x million middle 6 F perhaps. I think 8 should be the max, as that still gives the team enough to spend a little more on either a.dman or F while reaching 22 players by spending basically league min on the 7D and either the 3LD or extra F.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Being nitpicky here on a low risk contract but I would have waited to see if he could carry over the postseason success first before handing out a multi-year extension. Such a tiny sample size to go off of, the coaches probably see him in a decent niche role so they locked him into it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Being nitpicky here on a low risk contract but I would have waited to see if he could carry over the postseason success first before handing out a multi-year extension. Such a tiny sample size to go off of, the coaches probably see him in a decent niche role so they locked him into it.
They gave him a lot of trust last season, Raddysh logged a ton of minutes despite a rather shaky start. But his game got better fast. It’s not a big gamble imo, worst case they burry, best case he performs a lot better than his cap hit and we pay him less than a million for the next three seasons, including his current contract.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Raddysh still has a year left on his current deal. If he plays well, this could be really good for our cap situation
I didn't even realize this, but this is huge.
Raddysh showed more and more glimpses of top4 D quality in his game the further he got used to the NHL. Having him for the next 3 years under 1M will be an absolute steal.

Congratz to the front office for the tidy job.

Reactions: aylib and Peacefool

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If Raddysh doesnt perform, his cap can be buried at no cost so thats a plus

Last edited:

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I get what you mean but two years and even if you bury him, its still cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad