Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Cedric Paquette | 2 years, $1.65M AAV

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We should sign Boyle still. Depth and grit go a long way. HE can also play wing if needed.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
If he can play the way he did last year, I have no problem with the extra money. I think it's still under market value for a guy who finished something like 6th in hits, if I'm not mistaken.

He made our fourth line a legit factor all year long.

Not a bad deal for us, and I'm glad have him back. Just saying he's no longer so cheap that replacing him wouldn't make a dent in a real cap crunch.

Really, it's next year where we might need to part ways. The extra million that Ceddy is making over the minimum could easily be the difference between being able to keep Cirelli or Joseph and having to replace one of them with an at-minimum guy. (It's hard to get a real bead on our cap situation this year, given the various permutations of dealing with Cally's LTIR.)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not a bad deal for us, and I'm glad have him back. Just saying he's no longer so cheap that replacing him wouldn't make a dent in a real cap crunch.

Really, it's next year where we might need to part ways. The extra million that Ceddy is making over the minimum could easily be the difference between being able to keep Cirelli or Joseph and having to replace one of them with an at-minimum guy. (It's hard to get a real bead on our cap situation this year, given the various permutations of dealing with Cally's LTIR.)

I'm not arguing that. I just think he (at least last year) is much, much more effective than we could hope a cheap replacement to be. So we could essentially sacrifice an effective fourth line for a million in cap space. Probably not worth it. Maybe next year, like you said.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think people are undervaluing what Paquette brought last year. Our 4th line wouldn't be the same weapon with Mitchell Stephens. At least not immediately. Paquette is pretty much the only guy who excelled in his role wire-to-wire last year, and was even good in the playoffs.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Replacement level is a bit much. His point per game average is, his total points are of an average 4th liner but his goals are that of a good 3rd liner and his hits are elite. It's only two years which should be his prime years due to age and play style. Gives Stephens, Fortier time to develop more.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Replacement level is a bit much. His point per game average is, his total points are of an average 4th liner but his goals are that of a good 3rd liner and his hits are elite. It's only two years which should be his prime years due to age and play style. Gives Stephens, Fortier time to develop more.
It is a good deal for a 3rd/4th line center. I think if we did not have Stamkos,Point, and Johnson in front of him he could be a solid 3rd line center. Then we could have some bigger bodies on the 4th line like Boyle.
If we could sign Boyle and Point I would love to see this.
Cireilli Stamkos Kucherov
Gourde Point Johnson
Joseph/Kilhorn Paquette Kilhorn/Joseph
Palat Boyle Erne

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It is a good deal for a 3rd/4th line center. I think if we did not have Stamkos,Point, and Johnson in front of him he could be a solid 3rd line center. Then we could have some bigger bodies on the 4th line like Boyle.
Gourde Point Johnson
Palat Boyle Erne

Paquette would be an awful 3C. He doesn't have the offensive ability to play up there. He has no vision nor playmaking ability. He's a hard nosed, go to the dirty areas and get garbage goals player. He's also super streaky. He is a good 4C nothing more.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gourde Point Johnson
Palat Boyle Erne

3Cs make a lot more than 1.65 these days. Wasn't Boyle's last contract 3m? And, good as he is, he's a 4C through and through. I think the value on Paquette is much better than Boyle, at this point, and Paquette brings a different element.

Love the idea of Cirelli in the top-six though. I would switch Gourde with Joseph to make the NHL's fastest line, hands down. Maybe move Gourde back to center:

Cirelli - Stamkos - Kucherov
Johnson - Point - Joseph
Killorn - Gourde - ROOKIE
Palat - Paquette - Erne

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Love the idea of Cirelli in the top-six though. I would switch Gourde with Joseph to make the NHL's fastest line, hands down. Maybe move Gourde back to center:

Johnson - Point - Joseph
Palat - Paquette - Erne
If we were to put Cirelli to the top 6, it should be Stamkos who gets to play on the wing. Point and Cirelli are our two best defensive forwards, makes no sense to have them on the wing.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we were to put Cirelli to the top 6, it should be Stamkos who gets to play on the wing. Point and Cirelli are our two best defensive forwards, makes no sense to have them on the wing.
Palat used to work there. That was my lineof thinking.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
3Cs make a lot more than 1.65 these days. Wasn't Boyle's last contract 3m? And, good as he is, he's a 4C through and through. I think the value on Paquette is much better than Boyle, at this point, and Paquette brings a different element.

Johnson - Point - Joseph
Palat - Paquette - Erne

Wow has Palat really fallen that off? As per Boyle he has 5 teams interested in him. Tampa really has no room for him. Paquette earned his contract and is a very solid 4c.

Oh btw, I hear he likes Baquettes.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wow has Palat really fallen that off? As per Boyle he has 5 teams interested in him. Tampa really has no room for him. Paquette earned his contract and is a very solid 4c.

Oh btw, I hear he likes Baquettes.
My dream is that we somehow package palat in a deal for Krieder.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mcdonagh is still here for you ! And Callahan maybe is here as an advisor

Never really was a big McD fan and he was a crappy captain, lol. The Callahan thing has me excited if he can land a gig with this team. Tampa is a great organization and city. Having secondary residence just south of Tampa, it's going to be hard not to follow the team. But I'll be honest, my primary focuses are the Rangers and Ducks, even if both teams are re-tooling/re-building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad