Waived: Lightning place Alex Barré-Boulet on waivers | Update: cleared

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
What’s Jeannot signed for, $2.1m for this and next season? I’m keeping him on the odd chance he can ever stay healthy. If he can, it’s a nice luxury to have a feared fighter who can chip in some offense from the fourth line. Sadly, we all just have to put that horrible trade in the past and not succumb to expecting (or even hoping) he’s anything more than Maroon’s replacement.

Motte is meh. He’s fine. A low-impact player no matter where you put him. Definitely a fourth-liner for a good team, which says something about us playing him so much as our 3C. I don’t dislike him at all, but he’s less noticeable than Glendening, and we really only need one of their type.

Hopefully Koepke can stick this time. I’m happy to have him and Chafee getting IT because our bottom six just sucks.

Sheary is obviously an albatross and im not alone in scratching my head over why the hell JBB ignored free agents like Evan Rodrigues who had top-6 experience on two playoff teams and cost $1 million. Wtf man? The disparity is enormous.

But I’m also frustrated with Eyssimont’s inconsistency. Maybe he’s the poor sap who’s stuck with garbage linemates, but I don’t see him raising anyone’s game either. Just to rub more salt, Ace is scoring at a .29 PPG clip this season while old friend Vladdy Namestnikov has been a reliable .5 PPG player for the Jets since JBB started tinkering a year ago.

I know we all want Sheary gone yesterday, but we likely have to wait until the deadline in case there’s any chance of dumping him. Ugh. What a frustrating season
Regarding Eyssimont, he is 6 points behind Stamkos in even strength scoring; compare their linemates and ice time. I think that puts things in perspective a bit.

His energy and ability to chip in offensively is much appreciated by me.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I thought he did fine with Kuch and Point allowing Hagel freeing up for depth but then now they're just babysitting Stamkos. ABB hasn't really shown much of late but he's also an offensive forward whos played the last 20 games or so with 3rd and 4th liners.

Our scoring depth problems comes from how poorly Stamkos is at ES, he's just not self sufficient at all, if he could click with anybody on another line we'd be much better off and maybe be able to foster some more talent.
Stammer in his younger years was a creator now he has to have someone on the line to create so he can finish. That often happens with age. Just look at Perry as a young Duck he had it all like Stammer the last few years Perry have been a bottom six guy.
Cirelli in the middle has hurt Stamkos , but how much is age and how much linemates I would like to know. I have to give Stammer benefit of the doubt right now. I do not expect 40 or 50 goals from him now but 30 is not out of the question. He can not do that with Tony on that line, or a fill in on the other wing. Killer and Stammer worked well despite Cirelli. The question is will JBB just move on or try to fix the line.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He started off the season with the best play of his career and the points followed

First 11 games of the season: 4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points

Completely fell off a cliff after that and into Sheary territory

Next 25 games: 2 goals, 0 assists, 2 points

NorraSverigeHockey

Jan 16, 2024
Hopefully this is a good thing for ABB, because he really didn´t find his place on the roster. He had lots of chances to prove something, but he failed to do so. Good luck in the future!

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad