GDT: Lightning@Leafs 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Even if by some miracle we do beat Boston, there is no way we’re beating Tampa.

No chance at all.

Because they've scored 4 of the flukiest goals you could imagine?

Don't get me wrong they've outplayed the Leafs but this has been a game of terrible bounces.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Outside the first goal which was a legit breakdown, Tampa’s been pretty lucky with their three goals. Just bouncing their way.

The 3rd goal was piss poor coverage. 2 tbay players open in front of the net waiting to put the puck in a wide open net

CyBorgman

Oct 4, 2017
Matthews not showing up in tough games is predictable. He wont vs Boston, maybe a game or 2. Sadly Freddy is a proven choker aswell but he's looked so good this year hopefully it's different now.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
This team has played like shat since Willy has come back. I think the boys were hoping for a little discount and when dubas gave him the moon the others said fack it.

No team spirit there just greed. Matthews got a joke of a contract.
All the guys you posters have said are better than marner are better than Matthews.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Skill is the beginning of a good team.
Many here think it’s the end.

Tampa isn’t physical? They are when they have to be. It doesn’t need to be 60 minutes/hit everything that moves.
Forecheck? Puck battles? Strength? Yes.

All important elements that go with skill.

Yep. That's why I laugh whenever Tampa is mentioned as a team who aren't physical.

As you said, it's not about going out and making crushing hits every second, it's more of a mentality than actual size.

So I laugh when Dubas says well I look at our roster sheet, and we are as big if not bigger (I think it was Boston).

It's all balance and mentality within the players.

Another example is Pens, if anyone f***s with Malkin, he'll f*** you up either with his elbow, stick or whatever. Their star players while don't go out of their way to hit, they also don't take shit from anyone.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

roggie13

Jan 10, 2019
No more finger pointing at Kapanen he doesn't seem to be the problem on the second line but on the positive side Matthews has 2 assists

Reactions: Tracer Bullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->