News Article: Lightning in running to host outdoor game

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I would still be open to a return to the ThunderDome. At least there would be a historical reason. I think Vancouver did a game in their dome so it's not unheard of.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I would still be open to a return to the ThunderDome. At least there would be a historical reason. I think Vancouver did a game in their dome so it's not unheard of.
The way that the North American media will present a TB outdoor game is by selling the 'sunny, tropical paradise' setting. Even if it's a miserable, gray, February. The game being indoors sort of defeats the point.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The way that the North American media will present a TB outdoor game is by selling the 'sunny, tropical paradise' setting. Even if it's a miserable, gray, February. ...

(haha, that's like how MTV promoted Spring Break in the 80s. Daytona Beach in March. Suntanned co-eds in bikinis up on stage frolicking with the VJs and pop/rock stars....in the background, everyone's wearing sweatshirts. Brrrr.)

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yikes. Don't get me wrong, I had fun there, but I didn't have anything better to compare it to at the time.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't mind facing a Detroit in Tampa if we do that. They are a legit rival to us I think. I don't know what other team would you like to see us play against in Raymond James?

Prepared to be bored out of your mind if you host Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->