Confirmed with Link: Lightning hire play-by-play announcer Dave Randorf

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I like Randorf. I grew up as a kid hearing him on local tv station sports recap. He's from my area. Good to see one of mine become our voice, you guys are going to be listening to one of me...all the time...suck it.

Reactions: These Are The Days

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I was kind of hoping for a voice I wasn't familiar with, but I don't mind Randorf. He's had a lot of good calls over the years, but I'll always associate him with TSN and Sportsnet.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I was kind of hoping for a voice I wasn't familiar with, but I don't mind Randorf. He's had a lot of good calls over the years, but I'll always associate him with TSN and Sportsnet.
For sure, its going to be weird to hear him all the time. I have listened to him since I was like 4 years old on BCTV, then CHEK, Global, TSN, Sportsnet...its wild to me a local guy is becoming the voice of the Bolts.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I really like this hire, calls a good game and seems really passionate while being a true pro.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
I haven't heard him myself but based on the comments from those that have they say that we're lucky to have him and that he's really good so I'm happy and I'm looking forward to finding that out myself.

Not even this one?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Canadians rave about Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert, but Randorf is right up there.

I was actually quietly hoping for Cuthbert but I knew that was a pipe dream. Miller is good but I don't know how well it would hold up for 82 games year of a guy who SUDDENLYTALKSREALFASTANDYELLSLIKETHIS! That's a really stark contrast after 24 years of Rick Peckham.

Reactions: BHD

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Some Lightning games called by Randorf

He's gonna be absolute fire with Engblom who I argue is probably the best color guy in the league along with Razor over there in Dallas. Randorf is gonna catch on fast with the new generation of Lightning fans who are just now getting into the game because he is a lot like guys like Brendan Burke and Joe Beninati in that he has a voice that "sounds" young but like them, Dave channels that same excited energy of a Gary Throne where everything that happens feels important but unlike Joe and Gary he doesn't always go for the bravado and it suits him well. RP on the other hand was your classic crisp, polished, mature play by play who was more laid back until something important happened and turned on the pipes like Gary and even RJ over there in Buffalo.

I'm glad we picked him up because he's too good to not have a full time gig somewhere.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->