Confirmed with Link: Lightning extend Andrei Vasilevskiy | 8 years, $9.5M AAV

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Hopefully Johnson and Palat are willing to waive their shit. Would get rid of the dead weight and give us the cap space we need.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Could look good in a few years if he keeps improving and the cap goes up but... That's a lot of money for a goalie right now. I guess when you're a Vezina-winning 25 year old that's what happens. I just wonder what the fallout will be.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Another long term deal, do we have any money for Point long term?
Sure, just some forward thinking on JBBs part...Big money for Vasey doesn't kick in until next season... after Cally is gone, after Matt Carle buyout money is gone...Domingue will be gone, a few moves will move more salary out, I'm sure..

The great news is, Point is the final "Core" piece and they'll all be signed long term. Some would consider Sergachev a core piece but I don't. I don't feel his play has earned that yet. Not saying he couldn't be but he isn't there yet in my opinion.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Oof. He deserves the cap hit but I was hoping in the 8s. 9.5 is a lot for a goalie, but at least he is young unlike bob and price

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Sure, just some forward thinking on JBBs part...Big money for Vasey doesn't kick in until next season... after Cally is gone, after Matt Carle buyout money is gone...Domingue will be gone, a few moves will move more salary out, I'm sure..

The great news is, Point is the final "Core" piece and they'll all be signed long term. Some would consider Sergachev a core piece but I don't. I don't feel his play has earned that yet. Not saying he couldn't be but he isn't there yet in my opinion.
I hope so. We need to take advantage of the young guys on their ELC in Joseph. Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Oof. That's too much for a goalie.
Even discounting the debate of the value of a goalie to a team, goalies' careers are wildly unpredictable.

I get that Vasy is as much of a "sure thing" as a young goalie can be, but this term and money make me a bit queasy. There are a lot of goalies that fall off the rails at some point. And if they're not playing at an elite level, they're not worth it. For goalies, I'd almost rather give more money, less years.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Over paid him a little but all our 8 year contracts are in the prime years with Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Hedman and stamkos at least

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Even the best goalies are fickle, so this deal makes me uncomfortable. At the same time, I don't see we had any other options. Just wish that we could have paid him a bit less..

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I hate this deal so much.

Vasy is great. Love him. Happy he got paid, hate that it was our team that did it.

Here's to some rough years in the future praying that our prospects can fill holes because we won't have the cap to do squat.

Reactions: ultra63

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Less money than Bob, one more year than Bob, and he will be 33 when his contract ends vs. Bob being 37 when his contract ends.

I think this is the rare 8 year / $9+ mil goalie deal that ends up smelling like a rose the whole way through. Vasi is a damn good goalie and only getting better at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad