Pre-Game Talk: Lightning Depth >>>>> Oilers Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
It seems we always play to the level of our competition, we should be in this game and dammit I think we’ll win.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I think start Koskinen as well. Too much lateral passing for Smith to contend with.

giphy.webp

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Just get a point.

Maybe start Koskinen.
So torn on this.

Kosk has the better numbers, but Smiths record lately is amazing and he seems to get better as the season goes on. I also don't want him burnt out by the playoffs.

I am not a smith fan at all, but I think if we go far in the playoffs it'll be in big part because he steps up.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He should probably start one of the next two games though, just for fatigue management. Not sure which one though.
Yeah, for me that’s the only way he sees the ice. Smith has warts but I have no confidence whatsoever in Koskinen

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wouzers! Based on points we are up against the top 2 teams and another 2 fighting to get in over the next 4 games.

Did we beat the lightning last year? We’re due. Having said that let’s go on a run boys!
If McDavid's gonna miss some games it might as well be against some teams we were gonna lose against anyways.

:laugh:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
So cool, you want the oilers to make the playoffs...but talk bad about the players we have

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m here down in Tampa for this one and the Florida game. Brought the new haven’t lost yet Draisatl All Star “Oilers” jersey. It’s 2 and 0 as I wore it to the last 2 home games. It’s obviously the reason we won those games.

I think we take one of the two but if we beat both teams I’m getting the numbers 29 tattoed on my back under all the hair.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
The Oilers have beaten 9 out of the top 10 teams in the NHL standings. The only team they have not beaten is the one they have not played yet this season, which happens to be the Tampa Bay Lightning.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Biggest game of the year. If Calgary and Vancouver lose tonight and Edmonton wins tomorrow...you have to think that all but seals a playoff spot.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Biggest game of the year. If Calgary and Vancouver lose tonight and Edmonton wins tomorrow...you have to think that all but seals a playoff spot.

Nah too early for that, but it would give them a little bit of a cushion and buy them some time until McDavid comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad