Rumor: Lightning calling teams about Coburn and Koekkoek

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's probably the 13th forward in Montreal to start the year, but he would mesh a lot better with Tampa's forwards. No guarantees that either Koekkoek or Scherbak become anything more than replacement players but I think it's the basis of a fair deal, and one that gives both players a fair shot at success
Scherbak being a RW could help him tbh, here’s a lines idea I have if the deal goes through

Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov
Gourde-Point-Joseph
Killorn-Cirelli-Scherbak
Palat-Johnson-Erne

Idk just spitballing, that’s 4 really balanced lines though

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Coburn would be a good fit in Edmonton, I have no idea how they're spent to the cap icing that team though.....

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Dale Weise and the Flyers' 3rd for Coburn.
Would fit well with Sanheim and could help on the PK.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Scherbak
Benn

For

Koekoek
5th round pick

Final years for both Scherbak and Koekoek. Both RFAs. Could fill a need for both sides. Montreal needs a mobile left dman. Tampa can use Scherbak’s size and offensive ability for the bottom 6. He could be mentored through Kucherov as well.

Benn gives a security blanket veteran guy if anything happens on the left side as McDonagh or Sergachev can move up and have Benn like Coburn who can play both sides.

The 5th is to equal value off and the Habs seem to like to work with their 5th round picks at the draft.

Just do Scherbak for Koekkoek if that's the main basis of the deal. Then waive Jordie Benn. Most teams want to clear roster spots, effective trades should better allocate bottom of the line-up depth for teams (Montreal has too many waiver eligible wingers, Tampa wants to make room for Cernak)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad