GDT: Lightning at Rangers Game 7 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
No Zucc was too much to overcome with this incarnation of MSL. I must say, this sort of loss hurts me less than if we played a great game and was simply outmatched. That would really make me feel for the guys. We played horribly AND was outmatched and thus didn't deserve it.

This is the kind of loss that makes me think this particular team isn't winning crap. Next year either. Not mentally tough enough.

LottieDottie

Oct 13, 2008
NY
allow me to say this one last time

ryan mcdonagh ruined the post season

and AV is a stubborn delusional man

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
So thats what Washington felt like when they lost 5-0 to us on Game 7 at home...

It's simple people...We lack offensive players with a killer Instinct

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Yes, clearly all Lundqvist's fault. The inconsistent offense who approach a Game 7 as if they have all the time and space in the world, rather than shooting at will and crashing the net or giving Bishop a hard time, are blameless.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I honestly think this team has a cultural issue. There's no killer instinct, there's no drive to get that 2-0 series lead when starting the series at home. Just pure lack of effort in key games like this. This isn't an AV thing because it happened under Torts as well. I honestly question the leadership of this team all around, from the coaches down to the players themselves. If you're going to lose a game, at least lose a hard fought game. At least lose a game you could feel proud of playing. They should be ashamed by their performance tonight.

No killer instinct? WTF?

They beat the Caps 3-1 down. They were literally 2 mins away from being eliminated in 5 games and rallied back to win the series.

What you're seeing is the Rangers getting schooled by a better team this series. It happens unfortunately.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Why do people blame Hank and not the awful offense that hasn't generated a quality scoring chance all night? It's a damn team game people. I can already tell those who blame Hank have never played the game before at any competitive level. You win and lose as a team. Hank's a great goalie, but he's not stopping every single last chance. We've been outplayed tonight. Hank can't score goals. He can't play defense. You people act like this is the New York Lundqvists and he's supposed to score, play defense, and stop the puck. Where's the accountability for the rest of the team because after all, this is a TEAM GAME!

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It's some serious revisionist history to say Hank kept us in the game in the first two periods. I mean he made some good saves but it's not like he was Constantly under seige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad