LeBrun: Lightning and Point haven’t had much discussion [Mod warning in OP]

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
A gm would never go public saying something like this. They would keep it short and as positive as they can.

The point is to draw a line in the sand to the player and his agent while stating all the wonderful things about the player and that the teams want him as part of the team. It address everything IMO and leaves nothing to the imagination which is crucial. Looks like the dominos are falling if Werenski rumours are true. Friend mentioned on Habs grapevine hearing rumblings MB and Domi working on extension. Please don’t flame just what friends told me.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The point is to draw a line in the sand to the player and his agent while stating all the wonderful things about the player and that the teams want him as part of the team. It address everything IMO and leaves nothing to the imagination which is crucial. Looks like the dominos are falling if Werenski rumours are true. Friend mentioned on Habs grapevine hearing rumblings MB and Domi working on extension. Please don’t flame just what friends told me.

Your friend is probably right. I think we start to see a lot of them sign as camp is looming late this week to early next week. RFAs are just trying to do what they can to get the number they want. Some gms cave and sign them. Its just a game that is played and I think the RFAs are trying to send a message that they want more money too. NHLPA wants that cap number to go up so that some of these high producing RFAs can get a slice of the pie.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Any one compared the salary towes, kane, etc got for their 5 years and adjust it for Marner, Tk, Ran, etc todays' contracts ?
What would it looks like for each ?

edit:

Kane took 6.3M x 5, which is 10.61% of the cap space at the time,
Marner should take 8'954M x 5 for the same cap space %

-------------------------------------------
Matthews ****ed up this whole ELC 5 years thing big time if I look at the cap hit % at the time of Toews, Kane, etc.

IMO at this state MArner should have what Matthews took, same as Toews and Kane

Point is not worth Kucherov money.

Sign and trade if that's the case

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->