Confirmed with Link: Lightning acquire G Eddie Pasquale from Oilers

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Always nice to see Yzerman making little moves down the depth chart to better the organization.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Insurance if Budaj gets claimed if waived or they keep all 3 up as Yzerman might do a favor to Budaj and keep him up instead of sending him down. He did take a really cheap deal and is nearing 40 so probably doesn't want to ride the bus anymore.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Starter or backup is an interesting call. I am going to say backup until Ingram stumbles then the starting job is his to lose.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Insurance if Budaj gets claimed if waived or they keep all 3 up as Yzerman might do a favor to Budaj and keep him up instead of sending him down. He did take a really cheap deal and is nearing 40 so probably doesn't want to ride the bus anymore.

I'd waive him anyway...unlikely to happen but if he can land a job elsewhere it would be best for everybody. They can still keep him up if he doesn't get claimed. Detroit waived Booth at least twice already this season but I don't think he actually really spent time with the Griffins.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd waive him anyway...unlikely to happen but if he can land a job elsewhere it would be best for everybody. They can still keep him up if he doesn't get claimed. Detroit waived Booth at least twice already this season but I don't think he actually really spent time with the Griffins.

We could waive him but we don't have to either. The guy doesn't need a job, he's 35 and signed for next year already. He took a good deal with us to get the 2 years, I get that it doesn't guarantee he was here the whole time if he sucked but Yzerman wanted him in the Bishop deal. We aren't playing Conacher anymore so we can just try to sneak him through waivers or send Bournival back down. We are scratching 3 guys a night, would be better if we sent one to help Syracuse and had Budaj as the 3rd. Plus Ingram is playing well and should be the starter going forward, we don't need a vet down there making 1mil not to play.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We could waive him but we don't have to either. The guy doesn't need a job, he's 35 and signed for next year already. He took a good deal with us to get the 2 years, I get that it doesn't guarantee he was here the whole time if he sucked but Yzerman wanted him in the Bishop deal. We aren't playing Conacher anymore so we can just try to sneak him through waivers or send Bournival back down. We are scratching 3 guys a night, would be better if we sent one to help Syracuse and had Budaj as the 3rd. Plus Ingram is playing well and should be the starter going forward, we don't need a vet down there making 1mil not to play.

I think Budaj's play this year reinforces Yzermans and Breisbois's preference on larger goalies. This recent pickup and Domingue are both big

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Budaj's play this year reinforces Yzermans and Breisbois's preference on larger goalies. This recent pickup and Domingue are both big

I don't buy that really. They're both 6'3 while Budaj is 6'1 not a world of difference. Ingram who's now the #1 in Syracuse is just 6'0. Everyone would prefer their goalie to be taller to fill the net more but they need to be athletic as well. Budaj just doesn't have that much anymore which is why his PK numbers are bad as he can't get side to side as fast now.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I had been racking my brain trying to figure out why his name seemed so familiar to me. After a tiny bit of research it came to me. He was the ice caps goalie during the Admirals Calder cup win.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Nic Riopel's twitter basically confirmed what I've been seeing on the transaction wire. They're reassigning Loney and Riopel from Adirondack to probably Wichita. Unless there's assets to come, ADK loses two important players (Loney was going to be their all-star) for absolutely nothing in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad