Lidstrom hits Gretzky

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
What's funny is even as Gretzky is falling and Lidstrom is making the hit, it looks like they both still have their eyes on the play.

Two of the most heads up players of all time.

Most other defensemen would be taunting the player they just hit but Lidstrom never hit for that reason.

Iconic photo if real.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
What a dirty hit by this overrated defenseman... He would deserve a 99 days suspension nowadays.

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
lol if Hyman got 2 for his late hit, that's at least 5.

f***ing NHL, and there inconsistent shitty department of safety.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Clearly from the 1991 Canada Cup, Canada played Sweden Sept. 5 in the round robin and Sept. 12 in the semi-final - so the photo has to be from one of those two games.

GVM

Apr 9, 2017
Gretzky with black blade holders (can't tell if they are perfectas), he was out of Edmonton.
So picture is post 88. Yeah... that dosen't narrow it down all that much. :)

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Lidström's face in this picture looks exactly like P. Forsberg. The rosy cheeks, the slightly open mouth, the baby face. Even the visor. And Forsberg was more of a physical player. Eerie.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Lidström's face in this picture looks exactly like P. Forsberg. The rosy cheeks, the slightly open mouth, the baby face. Even the visor. And Forsberg was more of a physical player. Eerie.

Want to know how I can tell for sure that picture isn't Foresberg?

Lidstrom isn't flopping around on the ice like a fish out of water.

Reactions: ehhedler

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I liked your post because even though the content is a bit suspect, the tone made me laugh.

Reactions: streitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad