Injury Report: Libor Hajek (out 3-4 weeks with Knee Sprain)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I guess it happened at the right time, with Staal returning.

Will give him some R & R as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sucks for Libor. When he comes back he'll probably get some conditioning games in Hartford, which should be beneficial in general.

Hopefully Quinn's balls don't retreat when Hajek is ready, and he sits Staal again.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
8AE9A829-CB46-40AF-AEAD-0A7A540CE4CD.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sucks, but part of me is relieved we can avoid the frustration Staal vs. Hajek/Lindgren for a little bit.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Real convenient he goes down the same day they report Staal is close to ready.
Lol JK, hope he uses this as a breather and comes back more relaxed and confident.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
No evidence from his play that Hajek is more than an AHLer, at this point in his career.. Hopefully Rykov can hit the ground running and earn a call up ahead of a Hajek return.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sucks, but part of me is relieved we can avoid the frustration Staal vs. Hajek/Lindgren for a little bit.

Don't underestimate HF's ability to be frustrated.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually like Lindgren better---at least right now. Hajek has done alright. I think he's proven he can play at an NHL level. Of our D though he's most likely to get rattled particularly when it comes to physical play. With a bit more experience and growth I expect him to get over that issue. The main difference between him and Lindgren is Lindgren has a higher battle level and Lindgren is more focused on defense first and doesn't get caught out of position as much.

Reactions: nyr2k2

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Ouch.. That sucks.
Maybe we get to see what Rykov can do until Hajek gets back?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ouch.. That sucks.
Maybe we get to see what Rykov can do until Hajek gets back?

Rykov has played one game since the middle of September. I can't think he's in the greatest of game shape and I would there is a lot of rust as well. He needs to do some catch up before bringing him up and throwing him in the deep end. I don't think Hartford has a good candidate available now--at least not as good as Brendan Smith.

Reactions: egelband and NYR

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Agreed this may be a blessing in disguise. Hajek has the tools to be a top 6 d-man, but may need a rest, and to regroup a bit. Kind of seems like he's been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He was super cool at the 5k race a few weeks ago. Wished him good luck, and said he got hit too much... he just smiled and said he's trying not to lol. Also he's shorter than his listed 6 ft 2...

What sucks most about this is Marc Staal has to play now, and the team will suffer because of it.

Reactions: eco's bones

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Rykov has played one game since the middle of September. I can't think he's in the greatest of game shape and I would there is a lot of rust as well. He needs to do some catch up before bringing him up and throwing him in the deep end. I don't think Hartford has a good candidate available now--at least not as good as Brendan Smith.

Ahh got it.
I haven't really paid much attention.
Hopefully we get to see him at some point in the season

Reactions: eco's bones

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We're officially at the 3 week point of his injury. Maybe we'll get some news tomorrow morning. I'd expect they have a morning skate with the back to back games before the west coast trip. If they're going to play it safe, he probably doesn't make that trip and could come back on 1/7 when they play at home.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We're officially at the 3 week point of his injury. Maybe we'll get some news tomorrow morning. I'd expect they have a morning skate with the back to back games before the west coast trip. If they're going to play it safe, he probably doesn't make that trip and could come back on 1/7 when they play at home.
I hope so. Would love him to be rotating with Staal, at least.

Reactions: JimmyG89

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Send him down for a month to play all situations and be most ready when needed.
Aside from Rykov, left side D in Hartford has been 3 guys on AHL deals ( one RHD) with Day, Crawley in Maine

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Send him down for a month to play all situations and be most ready when needed.
Aside from Rykov, left side D in Hartford has been 3 guys on AHL deals ( one RHD) with Day, Crawley in Maine

I agree. I didn't think he cemented himself before getting injured. Could use some time in the AHL and let Staal play for a couple more weeks. He hasn't been bad. No need to rush him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad