Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Aahlstrom- Thanks! Great stuff! I have not seen any Frölunda games this year when Lias haven't been playing, but I heard someone mentioning that their PP had struggled so I re-reported that. I agree with you that 17% isn't bad.

I agree with you that Lias is in a very good spot.

One interesting topic is what kind of production that can be expected from him in Frölunda, what do you guys think? I would probably bet at slightly below 0.5 PPG. But its hard to speculate on it right now.
I guess you can say that it's struggling compared to what it can be (27 % last time we had Lasch) and it has seemed a bit rushed at times, but it's too early to say it's really struggling.

I expect more than 0,5 PPG, playing with Olofsson and Friberg 5-on-5 and then Dahlin on the PP. I think that both Lias and Dahlin will benefit from playing with each other. Like Tobbe said up towards 0,75 PPG.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Around 0.5 PPG is fine, but i want to see progress and he was close to 0.5 PPG last season. It's not the end of the world if he ends up around 0.5 PPG though.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Lundqvist, Hjalmarsson, Bergenheim and Pathrik Westerholm are all out with injuries. Lias could get a lot of ice time the two upcoming games.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Around 0.5 PPG is fine, but i want to see progress and he was close to 0.5 PPG last season. It's not the end of the world if he ends up around 0.5 PPG though.

Yeah maybe, but the SHL is a very low scoring league from a top scorers POV at least. Last season you needed 32 pts in 52 games to be top 20 in scoring. The 39th forward in scoring had 26 pts last season, so you basically need to be scoring at a top line rate (14 teams) to get 0.5 PPG in the SHL.

I think in the end scoring stats is so much about environment, PP time and stuff like that, he could definitely get around either 35 pts and 20 pts depending how the season plays out. But getting more than 0.5 PPG would be really nice! :)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Frölunda lost 3-2 away against Luleå. Lias played on the 2nd line and finished the night with zero pts and 4 pims, two minors for interference. I've not seen the game.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Neither of the penalties should have been called, horrible by the refs. Lias had a pretty good game, smart with and without the puck.

Edit: The second penalty which led to the gwg in ot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revel, Ola and Ori

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Neither of the penalties should have been called, horrible by the refs. Lias had a pretty good game, smart with and without the puck.

Edit: The second penalty which led to the gwg in ot.

I mean the guy did embellish it but Lias went out of his way to step in front of that guy...so it's understandable why he was called.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Andersson flew to Buffalo for the scouting combine. Did he stay for the draft or did he fly back to Sweden and come back for the draft? Flew back to Sweden after Rangers prospect camp. Flew to America for the WJC showcase camp in Michigan. Flew back to Sweden. Flew back to America for Rangers camp. Flew back to Sweden.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Andersson flew to Buffalo for the scouting combine. Did he stay for the draft or did he fly back to Sweden and come back for the draft? Flew back to Sweden after Rangers prospect camp. Flew to America for the WJC showcase camp in Michigan. Flew back to Sweden. Flew back to America for Rangers camp. Flew back to Sweden.

It makes a ton of sense. In the WJC showcase he was like an energizer bunny out there disrupting plays. He was just a couple of steps slower in big camp. No real issues as he just needs to play and he will continue to develop.

Reactions: Ori

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

It was a rough summer for him.

Sweden > US > Sweden > US > Sweden > Austria > Switzerland > Sweden > US (And then pre-season started). Even though he was injured (neck) he was with the team traveling to Klagenfurt and Zurich. It's rough traveling that much at a young age.

In the last 3 months I have been flying to Florida, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, UK, Canada and Egypt. I completely understand him being exhausted.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, Lias has a much better chance next year training camp and well rested over the summer. Hopefully he train correctly to increase/improve his overall speed & skating abilities, and quickness.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I saw him play on Saturday and he seems very comfortable in his role. He is not flashy, but he just knows where to be.

He reminds me of Jari Litmanen (Finnish footballer playing for Ajax in the mid-90s). He isn't fast, but he leaves on time, making sure he is where he needs to be. Very interesting to watch.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
pls. watch a game with Martin Ødegaard with SC Heerenveen @Amazing Kreiderman - he has world class talent and currently playing in a wing role there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->